- Bihar Minister asks media to chant Bharat Mata Ki Jai.
- Bihar Minister and Bharatiya Janata Party leader Vinod Kumar Singh asked journalists to chant Bharat Mata ki Jaiat a party function in patna but later expressed regret over his utterances.
- CM Nitish announces eye banks in all medical colleges in Bihar to expedite donation.
- Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday said eye banks would be set up in all the medical college hospitals of the state as well as at capital-based Rajendranagar Super Speciality Eye Hospital by the end of December 2017 to facilitate and expedite eye donation campaign across the state.
- Speaking at a social event organised by Dadhichi Dehdan Samiti (DDS) on the occasion of International Organ Donation Day, the CM also announced to donate his eyes and urged the DDS office-bearers to get the necessary form for eye donation filled up by him.
- Recalling the works done by his government for rejuvenating health-care system during his second stint as CM in 2005-06, Nitish said the new government would work with similar vigour to improve medi-care system at government run hospitals across the state.
- CM also said that the state government has planned to launch a special campaign against child marriage and dowry system from October 2.
- New Species of Bat- ‘Yoda’
- An unusual breed of fruit bat — previously nicknamed ‘Yoda’ due to its resemblance to the Jedi Master in the popular Star Wars movies — has now officially been registered as a new species.
- Discovered in a remote rainforest of Papua New Guinea, the bat has been renamed the happy (Hamamas) tube-nosed fruit bat. Its unusual features saw it affectionately referred to as the ‘Yoda bat’.
· Only govt. can take call on yoga in schools: SC
- The Supreme Court has dismissed a petition for a direction to the government to make yoga education a compulsory part of the syllabus for Classes one to eight.
- “We are nobody to say what is to be taught in schools,” a Bench, led by Justice Madan B. Lokur, orally observed.
- The Bench denied any relief to petitioner and advocate Ashwini Kumar Upadhyay, saying it was for the government to take the call on such issues.
- His petition had sought a direction to the government to frame a National Yoga Policy, saying that right to health was part of the right to lead a dignified life under Article 21 of the Constitution.
- India and Russia to hold Major Tri-Service ‘Indra’ Combat Exercise in October.
- India and Russia for the first time are going to conductIndra tri-services exerciseinvolving their armies, navies and the air forces in October 2017 to establish military ties.
- A total of 350 Indian Army personnel will participate in the mega exercise. The contingents by the Indian Navy and AirForce(IAF) will also be sizeable.
- During Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Russia in June 2017, both countries had decided to “upgrade and intensify” defense cooperation among them.
- Railways detect ₹1.11 crore in fake currency notes in 10 years
- The Railways have detected fake currency notes with a face value of ₹1.11 crore at its cash counters in the last 10 years, according to the report of a Parliamentary Standing Committee.
- The Railways have recovered ₹66.2 lakh from the staff members responsible for taking the fake currency notes and are yet to get back the remaining ₹45.1 lakh in counterfeit currency notes.
- The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture raised “concerns” about the fake currency notes detected at the railway cash counters and asked the Railways to procure fake currency detecting machines.
- Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Shaurya’ commissioned in Goa.
- Indian Coast Guard ship “Shaurya”, the fifth in the series of six 105-metre offshore patrol vessels (OPVs), was commissioned in Goa by Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan.
- The ship will be based at Chennai and operate under the operational and administrative control of Commander Coast Guard Region (East) and will be deployed extensively for Exclusive Economic Zone surveillance, apart from safeguarding India’s maritime interests.
- Presently, the Indian Coast Guard has a fleet of 129 ships and boats, and 72 ships and boats are at various stages of construction at different shipyards in India.
- Prasoon Joshi replaces Pahlaj Nihalani as CBFC chief.
- Veteran producer Pahlaj Nihalani was replaced by writer-lyricist-adman Prasoon Joshi as the head of the Central Board of Film Certification.
- Nihalani, a filmmaker, was appointed head of CBFC in 2015 and his incomplete tenure has been mired in a number of controversies. Nicknamed ‘Sanskaari Nihalani’ on social media, he has often been criticised for his orthodox approach to censoring, and not necessarily certifying films.
Gk bit -CBFC
- The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) (often referred to as the Censor Board) is a statutory censorship and classification body under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India. It is tasked with “regulating the public exhibition of films under the provisions of the Cinematograph Act 1952. The Board consist of 25 other non-official members and a Chairperson (all of whom are appointed by Central Government).
Films are certified under 4 categories.
U (Unrestricted Public Exhibition)
Films with the U certification are fit for unrestricted public exhibition, and are family friendly.
U/A (Parental Guidance for children below the age of 12 years)
Films with the U/A certification can contain moderate adult themes, that are not strong in nature and can be watched by a child under parental guidance.
A (Restricted to adults)
Films with the A certification are available for public exhibition, but with restriction to adults.
S (Restricted to any special class of persons)
Films with S certification should not be viewed by the public. Only people associated with it (Engineers, Doctors, Scientists, etc.)
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes