- Bihar Education Project Council launches state’s first career portal
- Bihar Education Project Council (BEPC), with support of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), launched ‘Career Guidance Portal ‘for providing bunch of options related to career, college, entrance exam and scholarship information to secondary and higher secondary students of Bihar.
- The first career portal for Bihar students — www.biharcareerportal.com.
- An estimated 13.88 lakh students of class 10 and 10.33 lakh student of class 12, who have been issued registration number by the Bihar board, can log on to career portal and seek guidance
· World Archery suspended Archery Association of India
- World Archery (WA)has suspended the Archery Association of India (AAI).Earlier, the WA executive board had given a July 31 deadline to both AAI factions to resolve their disputes, including parallel elections. The decision by WA to suspend AAI is because the matter is now in court.
- The participation of Indian archers in international events under the National flag is jeopardised after AAI’s suspension. After the suspensionm, the last event in which Indian athletes can participate is the world youth championships in Madrid from August 19 to 25, 2019. WA is yet to decide whether individual athletes can participate in the Indoor Archery World Series.
· Huawei launches its own Operating System Harmony OS
- Huawei Technologieslaunched its own Operating System (OS)named as HongMengOS in Chinese/ HarmonyOS in English. The first version of the OS launched later in 2019.
- It is a part of Huawei’s play in the Internet of Things (IoT).
It is used across different devices from smartphones to smart speakers and even sensors.
- The next three years, the OS will be used in other devices, including wearables and car head units.Yu Chengdong, CEO of Huawei’s consumer business group is needed to address future challenges in the era of internet of things, and it is hard to deliver a smooth experience across different devices with millions of lines of code. The most expected name of HongMeng, Huawei adopted Harmony for its in-house operating system to solve all these problems features of Harmony have already been used in its premium smartphone models and other devices.
· Five Thousand five hundred and Ninety five electric buses sanctioned under FAME scheme
- Department of Heavy Industry sanctioned 5,595 electric buses under phase II of Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles (FAME) India
- The buses are sanctioned to 64 cities in 22 states and union territories for intracity and intercity operations in order to push for clean mobility in public transportation.
The buses are expected to run about 4 billion km are expected to save cumulatively about 1.2 billion liters of fuel over the contract period
This will result in avoidance of 2.6 million tonnes of CO2 emission.
Gk bit: FAME Scheme
- Department of Heavy Industry is implementing FAME-India Scheme- Phase-I [Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India from 1st April 2015. The scheme initially up to 31st April 2017 It is extended upto 31st March, 2019 or till Notification of FAME-II.
- The Phase-II of the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles (FAME-India) Scheme proposes to give a push to electric vehicles (EVs) in public transport and seeks to encourage adoption of EVs by way of market creation and demand aggregation.
· Union Government to launch Uber for tractors app to aid farmers
- India’s agriculture ministry developed a farm equipment rental app for Indian farmers let with hire tractors, rotavator. This app will be similar to Uber and this corresponding mobile app is expected to be launched by the end of August.
- According to surveys about 38K custom hiring centres across India with the capacity to rent 2.5 Lakh farm equipment annually. The Mahindra Group’s start-up on launching Trringo serviceout of Karnataka where it will help farmers book tractors by the hour via a phone call for rental.
- The aim of uber tractors project is for the farmers who is not in a position to buy a tractor .
· India first Corporate credit card for SMEs launched by B2B payments startup EnKash
- EnKash launched the country’s first corporate credit card called ‘Freedom Card’for small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The Freedom Card is a true commercial credit card with open acceptance. The Freedom Card aims to grow exponentially with increased credit lines and efficiencies to manage their businesses better in SMP’s will give credit facility for immediate needs and to manage their liquidity.
- In India it is the first corporate card that is used to cater to the varied billing cycles as per the working capital cycles of different businesses. The Bank also offers these freedom cards in practise to the people knowledge.
· Cricket Australia unveils new transgender inclusive policy
- Cricket Australiaannounced a new transgender-inclusive policy. This policy will enable transgender players to play the game of cricket at the highest levels. The decision aligns in accordance with the International Cricket Council’s (ICC’s) gender recognition policy and gender diversity guidelines.
- The policy sets out a limit for transgender and gender-diverse players who want to play for state and national women’s teams. Australian men’s national cricket team represents Australia in international cricket.
- It is oldest teams in Test cricket history playing in the first-ever Test match in 1877.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes