- VP assures central varsity status to Patna University
- Soon after Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar raised his old demand of central university status to Patna University, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday assured him that he will take the initiative for it.
- Modi had downplayed Nitish Kumar’s demand and instead suggested that the state government involve the alumni of Patna University to develop it and urged the faculty and authorities of the university to become a part of education reforms in the country.
- The demand for central university status has been raised time and again by Vice Chancellors of Patna University, politicians, faculty members and students in the past.
- Iran unveiled three precision-guided missiles with an aim to defend itself in the face of US. The missiles are new line-up of air-to-air missiles, dubbed the “Yasin”, “Balaban” and a new series of “Ghaem”. The missiles were developed jointly by the Ministry of Defence and Armed Forces Logistics and Iran Electronics Industries.
The launch of the missiles shows an another significant achievement of power and dignity for the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- The tensions between the countries arose for the first time the US withdrew from a 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers. The tensions unveiled between Iran and the US is Strait of Hormuz that linking oil producing countries in the Middle East to markets in Asia, Europe and North America.
- The US ships have been targeted and attacked, drones have been downed and oil tankers has been seized in the strategic waters since May 2019.
· Textile Ministry signed MoU with 16 states to offer skill training programmes
- Ministry of Textilessigned a Memorandum of Understanding with 16 State governments. The MoU signed to offer skill training programmes under the Samarth scheme. Also, 18 States agreed to partner with the Ministry under Samarth.
- The States will nominate the agencies to implement the scheme. For the implementation of the scheme, the Ministry has allocated 35 lakh for the implementation of the scheme. The agencies will train 4 lakh peoplewho will be placed at the textile units.
- The training programme will cover the entire value chain of the textiles sector.The training programme involves advanced technology oriented features like Aadhaar Based Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS), CCTV recording, dedicated Call Centre, Mobile App based Management Information System and on-line monitoring.
- The aim of the Samarth scheme is to promote self-employment, entrepreneurial development in traditional handloom, handicraft, jute, wool and silk segments. It is a scheme for capacity building in the textiles sector.
- The Samarth scheme was implementedfrom 2010 to 2017. The scheme functions under the Ministry of Textiles. The scheme aims to government’s focus on skill development.
- The Ministry of Textiles implemented the Integrated Skill Development Scheme with a target to provide 15 lakh additional skilled workers to the textiles sector by 2017.
The Ministry has extended the scheme now. By March 18, 14 lakh persons were trained under the schema and 8.41 lakh personswere provided placement.
· Indias Largest Rural Sanitation Survey Launched
- Jal Shakti Minister Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched the Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2019 (SSG 2019)The scheme instituted from August 14 to September 30, 2019.
- SSG 2019 will cover 17,450 villages in 698 districts across India. It includes 87,250 public places namely schools, Anganwadi centers, public health centers, haat/bazaars/religious places. Around 2,50,000 citizens will be interviewed for the survey. Citizens will also be mobilised to provide feedback on sanitation relation related issues online using an application developed for the purpose.The independent survey agency will conduct the survey in all districts.
- The results will be announced based on quantitative and qualitative sanitation parameters. Around 5.8 lakh villages, 639 districts and 32 States/UTs declared Open Defecation Free (ODF)in rural India. The country is well poised for an Open Defecation Free India by October 2, 2019. Shri Shekhawat emphasized on the huge success of the Swachh Bharat Mission. The mission is being taken to the next level. The main aim is to focus on solid-liquid waste management and plastic waste management. The enthusiasm showed by all stakeholders towards last year’s survey and encouraged the gathering to garner even higher momentum at the grassroots level this year.
- The main aimis to highlight that this year the focus is on plastic waste disposal amongst other wastes. The detailed protocol developed to guide the ranking of Districts basis their performance on key quality and quantitative parameters.
· Centre to institute MV accident fund
- Centre plans to institute aMotor Vehicle (MV) Accident Fund, a relief fund to victims of road accidents. The announcement comes after passing the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act on 9 August.
- The act says that the centre will provide compulsory insurance cover to all road users in the country. The accident fund will be used for treatment of road accident victims or compensation to relatives in case of death by road accident under the sections ofMV amendment act 161 and 162. The maximum liability amount to be paid in each case will be prescribed by the Centre.
· Abhinandan Varthaman to be awarded Vir Chakra
- Indian Air Force (IAF) Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman will be awarded the Vir Chakra gallantry medalon Independence Day. The Vir Chakra award is an Indian gallantry award for acts of Bravery on the battlefield. The award will recognises his grit, determination and bravery.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes