- 91% of Bihar primary school students have textbooks from government funds
- The state education department is conducting surprise inspection in primary schools with focus on the number of students present physically in classrooms and having textbooks.
- The step has been taken to ensure that all the primary school students, who had received funds under government schemes, should purchase textbooks from the allotted shops. According to the latest data collected by officials, around 91% of the school students have textbooks in their hands.
· NASA confirms Europa Clipper Mission
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), United States (US)space agency confirmed the next phase of development of the Europa Clipper Mission. It is an interplanetary mission to Jupiter’s smallest moon Europa with the target. It is conducting an in-depth exploration of Jupiter’s moon Europa whether the icy moon can have suitable conditions for sustaining life and increase our insights into astrobiology.
- The space agency’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, the development of the Europa Clipper mission in partnership with the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory for the Science Mission Directorate.
The mission is managed by the Planetary Missions Program Office at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama.Jupiter’s Galilean moon Europa consists of a huge ocean of liquid water beneath its icy shell.
· Amazon inaugurates its worlds largest campus in Hyderabad
- E-commerce company Amazon inaugurated its single-largest campus in the world in Hyderabad, Telangana. The campus was inaugurated by Mohammed Mahmood Ali, MLC(Member of Legislative Council), Minister of Home, Prisons, Fire Services, the government of Telangana. This Hyderabad campus of Amazon is the only one, placed outside US(United States).
- There are 62,000 employeesin India, this campus alone can accommodate more than 15,000 employees.
· WWF and Discovery tie up with forest directorate to preserve Sundarbans
- Discovery Indiaand World Wide Fund (WWF) India have partnered with the Forest Directorate. The government of West Bengal and local communities in the Sundarbans.
- The mangrove forest, the habitat of Bengal tigers, to reduce the tiger-human conflict and also as part of a global movement “Project CAT -Conserving Acres for Tigers”.WWF India and Discovery India are working with government agencies Their main aim is to help the local communities and village panchayats and to focuses on farmland productivity through low-cost measures
The Two Sundarbans Ecological Observatories will be set up each featuring data loggers, monitoring buoys and an onsite laboratory.
- Government to launch ‘Bharatcraft’ portal to help MSMEs
- The government is planning to launch an e-commerce project called ‘Bharatcraft’ for micro small and medium enterprises (MSME).
- The proposed platform could generate a turnover of Rs 10 trillion over the next few years.
- MSME sector is likely to contribute 50 per cent to the total GDP in the next five years.
- At present, the sector currently contributes 29 per cent to the country’s GDP and employs 110 million people.
- The government had launched the ‘Udyog Mitra’ portal to ease of access to MSMEs financial and non-financial service needs.
- Culture Minister launches the book ‘ The Diary of Manu Gandhi’
- Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel launched the book – ‘The Diary of Manu Gandhi’ at a function in New Delhi.
- The book has been brought out by National Archives of India, on the occasion of 150th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in collaboration with Oxford University Press.
- The first volume covers the period 1943-1944.
- The Diary of Manu Gandhi originally in Gujarati has been edited and translated by Dr Tridip Suhrud, a well-known scholar engaged in understanding the Gandhian Intellectual tradition.
- Manu Gandhi (Mridula) was a grand niece of Mahatma Gandhi and stayed with Gandhiji until his assassination.
· NITI Aayog release CWMI 2.0 report
- NITI Aayoghas released the Round of Composite Water Management Index (CWMI 2.0) in New Delhi.
- NITI Aayog has prepared the report to supplement the efforts of Jal Shakti Ministry. The CWMI 2.0 ranks varied states for the reference year 2017-18 as against 2016-17.
- Jal Shakti Abhiyaan, a campaign for water conservation and water security in 1592 water-stressed blocks in 256 districts was launched by Jal Shakti Ministry on 1st July 2019. It also ensures the important water conservation interventions.
- NITI Aayog’s CWMI 2.0 will assess the economical management of water resources in all States/UTs. It is a way of cooperative and competitive ideology among the states.
It will supply data for the States with Central Ministries to formulate and implement the appropriate ways for higher management of water resources.
· Centre organized San Sadhan Hackathon on 22 August
- Centre has organized San-Sadhan Hackathon on 22 August. It invites for tech enthusiasts to participate in San-Sadhan hackathon- forDivyangjan accessible toilets.
- San-Sadhan Hackathonis an initiative that will make the lives of Persons with Disabilities (PwD) (Divyangjan) easier by making toilets smarter, more accessible, and easier to use.
ð RBI allows recurring transactions up to 2,000 on cards from Sep 1
- The Reserve Bank of Indiaallows customers to make recurring payments of less than Rs.2000 without the two-factor authentication process. The changing payment needs and the requirement to balance the safety and security of card transactions with customer convenience decided to permit processing of e-mandate on cards for recurring transactions (merchant payments). The move has been made to make digital payments to the merchant, typically at kirana and grocery stores where ticket sizes are small, more convenient. The circular is applicable for transactions performed using all types of cards – debit, credit and Prepaid Card
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes