- New Vehicles can be registered from any district from September 1
- Bihar transport department has developed a software for online registration of vehicles, which would allow the new vehicles buyers to register their vehicle from any district irrespective of their residential address from September 1.
- Earlier, the vehicles were registered in the home district of the buyer but amendment in the Article 40 of Motor Vehicle Act would allow the buyers to file application for the registration with any registration authority of the state
· Pakistan test fired ballistic missile Ghaznavi
- Pakistan has successfully test-fired nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi from Sonmiani test range near Karachi located in Balochistan. The missile was built with a capability to deliver different types of warheads including nuclear and conventional up to a range of 290 km.
- It will be placed under the medium-range ballistic missiles. During the test, Ghaznavi was tracked by the National Development Complex (NDC)ground control station. It is located at a 220 km distancefrom the test range.
· India Israel to develop new crop varieties
- India and Israel plan to develop new crop varieties and share post-harvest technology in the success of the 10 years Indo-Israeli Agriculture Project (IIAP). The project has accomplished growing cherry tomatoes in Haryana and rejuvenating mango orchards demonstrating to Indian farmers progressive irrigation technologies.
- The Indo-Israel agriculture cooperation project was launched in 2008. The implementing partners are Israel’s agency for international development cooperation and Indian state governments that facilitate discovered centers of excellence as per their native desires.
- Every year about 10,000 and 20,000 farmers visit these centers. Around 8.6 million hectares area is below the micro-irrigation projects compared to a possible 69.5 million hectares.
- Union HRD Minister launches Integrated Online junction for School Education ‘Shagun’
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched one of world’s largest Integrated Online Junction for School Education ‘Shagun’ in New Delhi.
- The app will provide all the details about the education system in the country as well as detailed information about schools with a feedback procedure structured for the parents.
- The portal seeks to connect approximately 92 lakh teachers and 26 crores, students.
- He also announced the setting up of the Integrated National School Education Treasury (INSET) which envisages a fully integrated, instantly accessible and seamless information network for all parameters relating to the students, teachers, and schools in the country.
- India first in the world to launch facial biometric data based identity document
- India has become the first country in the world to issue Biometric Seafarer Identity Document, BSID, capturing the facial biometric data of seafarers.
- Minister of State for Shipping Mansukh Mandaviya launched the project in New Delhi.
- He also handed over the new BSID cards to five Indian seafarers.
- The new facial biometric technology is a marked improvement over the two-finger or iris-based biometric data, with modern security features.
· Maitri: A mobile app to connect kids at orphanages with old age homes
- Five Indian womenhave developed a mobile app named The app connects kids at orphanages with old-age homes. The app was developed for the people affected by loneliness, depression. The app permits users to volunteer and present to old-age homes and orphanages.
- The girls participated in the Technovation Challenge, the world’s largest technology and entrepreneurship program for ladies in the USA and won thetrophy for the innovative app.
- The Technovation Challenge is the world’s largest technology and entrepreneurship program for ladiesto run across more than 100 countries. It was supported by Salesforce.org, Google.org, the Adobe Foundation, Uber, Samsung, BNY Mellon.
· President conferred the Tenzing Norgay National Journey Awards
- Government has declared the Tenzing Norgay National Journey Awards 2018.The awards are conferred by President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi on 29 August. The award recognizes the achievements of persons in the fields of adventure.
- The award is given in four categories:
♦ Land journey
♦ Water journey
♦ Air journey ♦ Life Time accomplishment
- The Tenzing Norgay National Journey Awards is the highest national recognition for outstanding achievements within the field of the journey toward the land, ocean, and air. The award is given each year to the achievements of persons within the fields of the journey. The award also aims to encourage children and develop the spirit of endurance, risk-taking, cooperative cooperation and fast, prepared and effective reflexes in difficult things.
- Tenzing Norgay was a Nepali-Indian Sherpa mountaineer. Norgay and Edmund Hillarywere the first two individuals known to reach the summit of Mount Everest on 29 May 1953. Indian government instituted the Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards to honour him.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes