- Gaya, Japan Buddhist unit may have ‘sister state’ ties
- Japan’s Nara prefecture and Bihar’s Bodh Gaya may soon ink a ‘sister state twinning agreement’.
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, currently on a four-day visit to the island nation in the Pacific Ocean.
- Nara has more Unesco World Heritage listings than any other 46 prefectures in Japan. Like Bihar, it has a large number of Buddhist temples and sites.
- PyeongChang Winter Olympics concludes
- The 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics concluded with a spectacular closing ceremony on February 25.
- The grand event ran through 17 days and saw 2,920 athletes competing from 92 nations.
- Tokyo will host the 2020 Summer Olympics, while Beijing will welcome the countries for the 2022 Winter Olympics.
- Norway won a record 39 medals overall to finish on top while Germany finish second with 31 medals.
· Sri Lanka soon to release all Indian fishermen as a goodwill gesture
- Sri Lankangovernment decided to release remaining 20 Indian fishermen in their custody for charges of poaching in Sri Lankan waters.
- This will be the first time in recent years that no Indian fishermen are left in Sri Lankan custody.
- Fishermen from India and Sri Lanka are frequently detained for illegally fishing in each other’s territorial waters since the Arabian Sea does not have a clearly defined marine border and the wooden boats lack the technology to avoid being drifting away.
· Cricket Canada Unveils ICC-Approved T20 League
- Canada’s own first franchise-based Twenty20 league “Global T20 Canada”, was announced in New Delhi.
- The Global T20 Canada League will begin functioning from July 2018 at three venues in Toronto.
- It is conceptualized, designed, developed and managed by Mercuri Group with Cricket Canada.
- Global T20 Canada League has received official sanction of the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- Cricket Canada become the first Associate member of the ICC to start a Twenty20 franchise league in the North America market.
- Andaman & Nicobar Command to Host Milan 2018
- The second week of March will witness Andaman & Nicobar Command hosting a multinational mega event MILAN 2018.
- MILAN is a congregation of littoral navies conducted biennially by Indian Navy at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, under the aegis of the Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- Besides fostering co-operation through naval exercises and professional interactions, MILAN also provides an excellent opportunity to the participating navies to come together in a spirit of collaboration and mutual understanding to nurture stronger ties.
- Hyderabad hosted 15th edition of BioAsia 2018
- The 15th edition of BioAsia, the annual flagship programme of Government of Telangana was held from 22-24th February 2018 at Hyderabad International Convention Center (HICC) in Hyderabad.
- Theme of BioAsia 2018 was “RIGHT TIME, RIGHT NOW”.
- For this year’s event, Ireland, Netherlands and South Africa were international partners whereas the States of Gujarat, Assam and Rajasthan were the state partners.
- UIDAI introduces special blue coloured ‘Baal Aadhaar’
- Aadhaar is increasingly becoming mandatory to make use of most of the government schemes and other activities such as getting a new SIM card or opening a new bank account.
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has now introduced a blue coloured ‘Baal Aadhaar’ card for children below the age of 5 years.
- All children below the age of 5 don’t need to give biometric details for getting an Aadhaar card.
· Aruna Budda Reddy Becomes 1st Indian To Win Individual Medal At Gymnastics World Cup
- Aruna Budda Reddy created history by becoming the first Indian to win an individual medal at the Gymnastics World Cupin Melbourne, Australia.
- She clinched a Bronze medal in the Women’s Vault.
- Aruna, who hails from Hyderabad, scored 13.649 average points to finish third and claim the bronze medal at the Hisense Arena.
- Tjasa Kysslef of Slovenia took home the Gold, while Emily Whitehead of Australia won the Silver.
· Andaman & Nicobar Command to Host Milan 2018
- The second week of March will witness Andaman & NicobarCommand hosting a multinational mega event MILAN 2018.
- MILANis a congregation of littoral navies conducted biennially by Indian Navy at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The theme of this year’s MILAN International Maritime Seminar is ‘In Pursuit of Maritime Good Order – Need for Comprehensive Information Sharing Apparatus’.
- With the underlying theme of ‘Friendship Across the Seas’, MILAN 2018 will witness a diverse mix of professional exercises and seminars, social events and sporting fixtures.
· DRDO Successfully Carries Out Test Flight Of Rustom-2 Drone
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)successfully flown it’s Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle RUSTOM 2 in Karnataka.
- The flight assumes significance as this is the first flight in user configuration with higher power engine.
- India at present depends on America and Israel for such predator drones. DRDO is developing within India a medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle RUSTOM 2.
- It has the capability to fly for 24 hours at a stretch at over 200 km/hr speed, and can, not only conduct sustained surveillance but will be able to destroy enemy targets.
· India’s 1st 5G Trial Successful, 3 GB/Sec Speed Achieved
- Chinese technology giant Huawei and telecom services provider Bharti Airtel announced to have successfully conducted 5G network trial under a test set-up in India.
- The trial was conducted at Airtel’s Network Experience Centre in Manesar (Gurugram).
- During the test trial, the speed of more than 3Gbps was achieved.
- This is the highest measured throughput for a mobile network in 3.5 GHz band with 100MHz bandwidth and end-to-end network latency of approximately 1 msec.
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes