- Govt to release revised list of essential drugs
- The state health department will release the revised list of essential drugs.
- The revised list is basically a list of generic drugs, which are provided by the state government to the government health facilities at subsidized rates.
- Sources in the health department said the number of drugs in the revised list has been increased from 65 to 76 in the outpatient department (OPD) of all nine medical college and hospitals in the state.
- With the facility-wise segregation of drug list, OPDs in district hospitals will now have 71 types of drugs, sub-divisional hospitals 58 and 50 types of drugs will be made available at community health centres, primary health centres and additional primary health centres
- Government nominates J S Rajput as Representative to the Board of UNESCO
- The Government of India has decided to nominate Professor J S Rajput, former Director NCERT, as India’s representative to the Executive Board (EXB) of UNESCO.
- Professor J S Rajput is an eminent educationist with rich experience in various fields including UNESCO.
- The EXB has a four-year term of office and 58 seats.
- The executive board is one of the constitutional organs of UNESCO and is elected by the General Conference.
· India U-16 Win Hong Kong Football Tournament
- The India U-16 team emerged champions in the Jockey Cup International Youth Invitational Football Tournamentwith a victory over Hong Kong U-17 in the final in Hong Kong.
- The tournament was a U-17 event where India fielded their U-16 National Team.
- This was the team’s third consecutive victory in as many days. The team was coached by Bibiano Fernandes.
· SWIFT Introduces Universal Real-Time Payment Tracking
- SWIFTannounces the extension of its GPI Tracker to cover all payment instructions sent across the network, enabling GPI banks to track all their SWIFT payment instructions at all times, and giving them full visibility over all their payments activity.
- The Tracker, which has been available since May 2017, enables banks that have signed up to the service to track their GPI payments in real-time.
- West Bengal tops the list of states with most number of beggars
- The government has come out with the total number of beggars in the country. As per the data released by Union ministry of Social Justice, there are around 4 lakh beggars in total.
- The highest number of beggars, 81,000, are in West Bengal.
- West Bengal is followed by Uttar Pradesh and Bihar at number two and three respectively.
- Lakshadweep, a union territory, has only two people begging for their livelihood.
- UIDAI set to introduce face authentication feature from July 1
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is all set to make face authentication available alongside iris or fingerprint scan as means of verifying Aadhaar users from July 1, 2018.
- The UIDAI, which is in-charge of the 12-digit identifier Aadhaar, in January had announced that it will introduce face authentication feature to help those who run into problems in biometric authentication due to old age, hardwork or worn-out fingerprints.
· Asias Largest Tulip Garden In Srinagar Opens For Visitors
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden was opened for visitors in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir.
- It is recognized as the Asia’s largest tulip garden.
- This year, 12.5 lakh tulip bulbs of 48 varieties were sown in the garden by the floriculture department.
- Apart from the tulips, 40,000 hyacinth bulbs have also been planted.
- 5th India Maize Summit 2018
- Maize production in India has seen a boom in recent years which has been possible due to increase in area as well as productivity.
- This was stated by the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh at the inaugural event of the 5th India Maize Summit 2018 at FICCI, New Delhi.
- Delivering the inaugural address, Shri Singh said that during 1950-51, India produced only 1.73 MT, which has reached 25.89 MT in 2016-17 and is expected to cross 27 MT in 2017-18.
- The average productivity in India is 2.43 ton/ha.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes