- 32% rise in cases of drug reaction in Bihar: Report
- There has been 32% increase in the cases of drugreaction compared to last year in Bihar, according to a report released.
As per the data of department of pharmacology in the hospital, 442 cases of adverse drug reaction were reported from Bihar between October 2017 and November 2018. It was around 300 cases in the corresponding period last year.
- The largest share of drug reaction is caused by irrational use of anticancer drugs followed by antimicrobial drugs and pain killers.
- The sale of drugs without prescription was the main reason behind the cases of adverse reaction of medicines on people’s health.
- South African President Cyril Ramaphosa to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations 2019
- South African President Cyril Ramaphosa will be the Chief Guest at the 2019 Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, at a time when India is celebrating the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, it is our honour to welcome President Ramaphosa as the Chief Guest for 2019 Republic day celebrations.
- Mr Modi said, Mahatma Gandhi’s close links with South Africa is well known. Mr Modi also said that Mr Ramaphosa’s visit will further cement business and people to people ties between India and South Africa.
· India is the fastest growing e-commerce market: Report
- According to the report, India’s online retail market had a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR)of 53% from 2013 to 2017.
- This rapid growth is due to heavily discount-driven e-commerce marketplaces, improvement in delivery infrastructure and increased smartphone penetration and data usage.
- India’s total e-commerce retail sales in 2017 were nearly $20 billion.
- As per the studies, another $50 billionof online e-commerce could be introduced by adding new users and bringing back the currently inactive old users.
- India was in 8th rank in terms of online retail penetration among 11 countries.
· India, China to hold joint military exercises from December 10
- The militaries of China and India would hold a joint 14-day drill from December 10in southwest China’s Chengdu city to improve their capabilities in fighting terrorism and promote mutual understanding.
- The 7thIndia and China joint military exercises – ‘Hand in Hand’ – will focuss on counter-terrorism operations.
- The exercises will be held after a gap of one year as both the sides were locked in a 73-daystandoff in Doklam in the Sikkim sector of the border in 2017.
· Centre proposes ban on use of animals in circuses, performances
- The Centre has proposed a prohibition on the use of all animals for performances, exhibition at any circus or mobile entertainment facilitiesand has invited comments from various stakeholders on the issue within 30 days.
- Though the ministry had banned the use of lions, tigers, panthers, monkeys, bears and bulls in 2011 as part of its species-specific rules, the new draft will now be applicable for all animals across the country
· Magnus Carlsen retains World Chess Championship 2018 title
- World number one Norwegian Magnus Carlsen has retained his World Chess Championship title, beating US opponent Fabiano Caruanain a tie-breaker event.
- Carlsen’s peak rating of 2882, achieved in 2014, is the highest in history.
- Carlsen became World Champion in 2013 by defeating Viswanathan Anand.
- Centre’s pollution plan calls for stricter parking norms
- The environment ministry has come up with a Comprehensive Action Plan (CAP) to combat air pollution in Delhi-NCR in the long run, which will go hand-in-hand with the Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) that kicks in when air quality deteriorates.
- The Centre’s pollution plan has called on agencies to ensure strict compliance of the shift to BS VI by 2020, expand the CNG network across NCR, introduce more battery-operated vehicles in targeted segments of twowheelers, three-wheelers and buses and to install vapour recovery systems while tightening PUC norms.
- The emission and fuel quality action plan failed to address the recent orders where the ministry of petroleum and natural gas committed to the court that that BS VI fuel will be made available in 17 districts out of 23 districts in NCR and two districts adjoining NCR. The ministry has also assured that by October 1, 2019, BS VI fuel will be available in districts of Haryana including Gurgaon.
- The availability of CNG has been in consideration of the Supreme Court for long time but the ministry has not yet submitted any fruitful solution or a timeline for availability of CNG. This clearly shows that the government has failed in implementing the timelines as set up by them.
- Eight States achieve 100% household electrification under Saubhagya scheme
- 8 States which achieved 100%household electrification under Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana – Saubhagya scheme are Madhya Pradesh, Tripura, Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, Mizoram, Sikkim, Telangana and West Bengal.
- With this, total 15 Statesin India have 100 per cent household electrification.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Rs 16320-Crore‘Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana’- Saubhagya on September 25, 2017 to mark the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- The scheme aims to achieve the goal of universal household electrification in the country by March 31, 2019.
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes