- Bihar CM to embark on ‘Samiksha Yatra’ from December 12
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar is set to embark on yet another state-wide ‘yatra’ (tour) from December 12 to take peoples’ feedback on the state government’s ongoing development works.
- To be completed in several phases, the first leg of the month-long tour programme, named as ‘Vikas Karyon Ki Samiksha Yatra’ (tour for reviewing the developmental works), will begin from West Champaran district on December 12 and conclude on December 16 in Samastipur district, covering altogether eight districts of north Bihar.
- It would be ninth such state-wide ‘yatra’ of Nitish Kumar since 2005 when he started ‘Nyaya Yatra’ (tour to seek Justice) across the state to seek majority in the Bihar assembly after government could not be formed because of a hung assembly after February 2005 elections.
· Google on United States best workplaces list for 10 consecutive years
- Technology giant Google has ranked 5thon the list of ‘100 best companies to work for in the US in 2018’, marking its 10th consecutive appearanceon the annual list.
- Apple and management consulting firm Bain & Company also featured on the list for the 10th consecutive year.
· UN Women and Facebook Inaugurates ‘We The Women’ Event in Mumbai
- UN Women in collaboration with Facebook inaugurated a two-day event in Mumbai titled ‘We The Women’ to empower and recognise the magnificent contribution of women in our society.
- The event witnessed speakers from different walks of life including Textile and I&B Minister, Smriti Irani, Sakshi Malik, Mithali Raj, Ekta Kapoor, Karan Johar and others.
- International Human Rights Day: 10 December
- Human Rights Day is celebrated annually across the world on 10 December every year.
- The date was chosen to honour the United Nations General Assembly’s adoption and proclamation, on 10 December 1948, of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
- This year’s theme is “Let’s stand up for equality, justice and human dignity”.
· China Starts World’s Biggest Floating Solar Project
- A unit of China Three Gorges Corp. is building a 1 billion yuan ($151 million) floating solar power plant, the world’s biggest, in the nation’s eastern province of Anhui. China Three Gorges New Energy Company started building the 150-megawatt project in July and part of the plant was connected to the grid.
- The project features panels fixed to floats on the surface of a lake that formed after a coal mine collapsed, according to the unit. The entire facility is expected to come online by May 2018.
- India declared free from Trachoma, a bacterial infection of eye
- India has been declared free from infective Trachoma which is a contagious bacterial infection of the eye.
- It causes inflamed granulation on the inner surface of the lids.
- Releasing the National Trachoma Survey Report (2014-17) in New Delhi, Health Minister J P Nadda made an announcement in this regard and termed it as a momentous achievement.
· Central Government will soon issue universal ID cards to persons with disabilities
- Centre will soon issue universal ID cards to persons with disabilities which will be valid throughout India, Union minister Krishan Pal Gurjar announced.
- At present, an identity card issued by a state is not considered valid in another state, which causes inconvenience to people with disabilities in availing benefits of various government schemes and reservation.
· Mehuli Ghosh and Tushar Mane became the first Indian shooters qualified for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games
- Mehuli Ghosh and Tushar Manebecame the first Indian shooters to secure the women’s and men’s quota places for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games (YOG) by winning a gold and bronze each at the 10th Asian Championship 10M Rifle/Pistol at Wako City, Japan.
· Ministry of External Affairs Celebrates the Flavours of India on Twitter
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has, through the official Twitter handle of India’s Public Diplomacy, shared pictures of traditional ‘thalis’ from all the 29 states of India.
- The campaign went on for a week to share “the healthy and sumptuous food thalis”.
- The aim was to celebrate the unique flavour of every Indian state.
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes