Human-wildlife conflict refers to interaction between wild animals and people and resultant negative impact on people or their resources, or wild animals or their habitat. According to data from the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, conflict with wild animals (mostly elephants and tigers), has killed more than 1,100 people across India between 2014 and 2017.
Causes of Man-Animal conflict:
- Habitat fragmentation and sinking of habitat.
- Growing area for cultivation near wildlife.
- Poaching of herbivores led to decrease in the the prey base fro carnivores.
- Growing livestock population and decreasing prey base in the wildlife habitat tempt carnivores to come outside and hence led to conflict.
- Climate change
Impact of Man-Animal conflict:
- Loss of life
- Crop damage
- Loss of livestock
- Damage to human property
- Disruption to daily life
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes