- Bihar government announced ‘Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna’
- Bihar government has announced a universal old age pension scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna’, MVPY for all people above 60 years of age.
- The scheme will come into force from the 1st of April this year.
- All will be eligible for 400 rupees monthly pension irrespective of caste, religion or community, except those senior citizens who have retired from government service,
- Currently old age pension scheme is applicable to only the BPL category.
- The Chief Minister also announced a pension of 6,000 rupees for journalists above 60 years of age.
· World Employment and Social Outlook Trends 2019 Report Released By ILO
- The International Labour Organization released World Employment and Social Outlook Trends 2019 report.
- As per the report, unemployment rates will fall to 4.9% in 2019 and remains steady in 2020.
- Among the age group 15-24 the global unemployment stood at 11.8% which is much higher than it is among other age groups.
· Indian State signed $40 Million Loan Agreements with the World Bank
- The Government of India, Government of Himachal Pradesh (GoHP) and the World Bank signed a $40 Million Loan Agreement to help bring clean and reliable drinking water to the citizens of the Greater Shimla area, who have been facing severe water shortages and water-borne epidemics over the last few years.
- The Shimla Water Supply and Sewerage Service Delivery Reform Programmatic Development Policy Loan is expected to improve water supply and sanitation (WSS) services in and around the iconic hill city of Shimla.
- Indian Air Force gets its first woman flight engineer
- Flight Lieutenant Hina Jaiswal has created history by becoming the first Indian Woman Flight Engineer.
- She achieved the feat after completing the prestigious Flight Engineers’ course 112 Helicopter Unit, Air Force Station, Yelahanka.
- Commissioned in January 2015 in the engineering branch of the IAF, she has served as Chief of firing team and battery commander in a frontline Surface to Air Missile squadron.
- Jaiswal, hails from Chandigarh and has completed her Bachelor of Engineering degree from Punjab University.
· LS passed the Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2018
- The Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2018 was passed in Lok Sabha. It amends the Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial Act, 1951. The act was provided for the erection of a National Memorial in memory of those killed or wounded on April 13, 1919 in Jallianwala Bagh, Amritsar.
- The Bill provided a Trust to manage the National Memorial.
- The Trust as per the 1951 Act includes:
(i) the Prime Minister, as Chairperson,
(ii) the President of the Indian National Congress,
(iii) Minister-in-charge of Culture,
(iv) the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha,
(v) the Governor of Punjab,
(vi) the Chief Minister of Punjab, and
(vii) three eminent persons nominated by the central government.
- The 2018 amendment bill removes the President of and the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha. It also says that the leader of the single largest opposition party in the Lok Sabha will be the Trustee.
· India’s first district cooling system to be built in Amaravati
- UAE-based cooling solutions utility National Central Cooling Company PJSC (Tabreed) has entered into a 30-year concessionwith Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA) to build, own, operate and transfer India’s first district cooling system in Amaravati.
- The agreement is for a contracted cooling capacity of 20,000 refrigeration tons(RTs).
· Govt panel proposes national minimum wage of Rs 375 per day
- A government panel has recommended a national minimum wage of ₹375 per dayor ₹9,750 per month plus an additional housing allowance of ₹1,430 per month for workers in cities.
- The minimum wage would be ‘irrespective of sectors, skills, occupations and rural-urban locations’.
- Currently, minimum wages are decided by respective state
· IWAI launched portal LADIS for real time information
- Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) launched a new portal ‘LADIS’ for real-time data on available depth on stretches of National Waterways.
- Least Available Depth Information System (LADIS) will ensure real-time data on ship and cargo owners on which they can undertake transportation on National Waterways (NW) in a more planned way.
- It is a step towards ensuring optimum use of National Waterways.
For smooth movement of vessels is required for an assured depth of waterways.
- Real-time information on least available depth will also help transporters by guiding them on the suitability on time of movement.
- The portal is hosted on IWAI’s website www.iwai.nic.in. LAD information initially will be available for NW-1, NW-2,
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes