Heavy industry relates to a type of business that typically carries a high capital cost (capital-intensive), high barriers to entry and low transportability. The term “heavy” refers to the fact that the items produced by “heavy industry” used to be products such as iron, coal, oil, ships, etc.
Location factors are as follows:
- Availability of raw material example coal mines( for coking coal), iro ore eg. Iron and steel industries in chotanagpur plateau.
- Availability of water( damodar valley project)
- Cheap electricity
- Cheap labour
- Fine infrastructure in the form roads, railways and ports
- Manpower availability
- Banking and credit facility availability
- Peaceful environment
- Stable policies and regulations of ruling dispensation
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes