Horticulture is the branch of agriculture concerned with intensively cultured plants directly used by man for food , for medicinal purpose or for aesthetic gratification.Horticulture is the science and art involved in the cultivation, propagation, processing and marketing of ornamental plants, flowers, turf, vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
The following are the benefits attached with the horticulture:
- The demand for horticulture products is on rise. This will ensure assured income for the farmers.
- Export value is high for the horticulture products as compared to others.
- Return on investment is high and profit margin is also high.
- The chances for value addition in the form of agro-processing industry is huge. Horticulture in itself has huge potential and can affect the downstream industries.
- Horticulture is mainly dominated by woman labour and hence empowering of horticulture will empower women.
GOI has taken several measures to provide platform for the growth of Horticulture. Mission for integrated development of Horticulture, National Horticulture mission, Project chaman and operation greens are some of these initiatives. Successful implementation will help in the growth of farmer’s income.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes