The plains are often termed as the ‘Granary of India’. The soils of the plains are one ofthe most fertile soils of India. They are being devoted to cereal and non – cereal crops.
- They have rich underground water table. The underground water is utilized with thehelp of wells and tube wells for irrigation, industrial and domestic needs.
- The rivers of the plains have very gentle gradient which makes them navigable for longdistances.
- Development of infrastructure is easy in plains.
- The sedimentary rocks of plains have petroleum and natural gas deposits.
- The plains are densely populated. They are less than one third in area but supports over40% of the India’s population.
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes