The Hunas’ invasion in India had far reaching effects and significance in Indian History, as mentioned below:
- First of all, the Hunas had destroyed the dominance of the Gupta Empire in India and on their feudatories.
- Small kingdoms began to grow and prosper on the ruins of the Gupta Empire.
- The trade connections between the Guptas in India and the Roman Empire also weakened after the Huna invasion that completely devastated the Gupta economy. Due to this, the economic and cultural cities like Pataliputra or Ujjain lost their glory.
- The socio-political and economic life during the later Guptas also deteriorated.
- On the other hand, trade with South East Asia and China prospered through ports like Tamralipta, Kaveri Pattanam, etc.
- There was a racial admixture in India after the Huna invasion and this was one of the most significant effects.
- Various tribes entered India through North West, same as the central Asian tribes, some of whom remained in Northern India and some moved further to the south and the west.
- For the first time, Indian culture got introduced to the Hunas’ martial culture.
- After the Hunas were driven out of India in 528, few of them blended with the Indian population and became a part of the local population, which exists even today such as Gurjaras and the ancestors of some of the Rajput families.
The Huna invasions of India led to socio-economic and cultural transformation of the Indian society as a whole.BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes