UNSC is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations formed in 1945. In these 75 years world underwent drastic change in the geopolitics and international relation. Hence the membership and structure does not represent the true nature of the contemporary reality. So there is the need of the reforms and the demand of reforms is called the UNSC reforms.
The basis of reforms are :
- Regional Imbalance in the structure: No African nation is major power, Europe has over representation. Even Latin America do not have any representation.
- The question of veto held by the members.
- Expansion of membership.
- The relationship between security council and general assembly.
- Categories of Membership ( Permanent and Non-permanent)
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes