Bihar to ‘ring’ migratory birds to track movement
- Migratory birds coming to the state will now be tagged with information regarding their origin and route taken by them.
- Bihar will be the fourth state in the country after Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan and Orissa to initiate this process in which rings containing a satellite-enabled chip will be fitted in one of the legs of the migratory species.
- The forest department will set up “ringing” stations at various bird habitats before the next winter.
Indian Navy launches ‘Operation Vanilla’
- Indian Navy launches ‘Operation Vanilla’ to help cyclone-hit Madagascar
- INS Airavat has been deployed for ‘Operation Vanilla’
- The ship is carrying five pallets each of victualing, clothing and naval stores along with three pallets of medicines
India successfully test-fires K-4 missile
- On January 19, 2020, India successfully test-fired 3,500 km intermediate-range nuclear-capable Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile (SLBM) K-4, off Andhra Pradesh coast.
- The test-firing was carried out from an underwater platform in the sea during the daytime.
- The test conducted from a pontoon (replica of a submarine) nearly 30 nautical miles from Vishakhapatnam coast in Andhra Pradesh and was highly successful.
- The trial was carried in association with Strategic Forces Command (SFC) while the DRDO provided all logistic supports.
- The intermediate-range nuclear-capable Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile (SLBM) K-4 is one of the two underwater missiles that are being developed by India for its submarine forces.
- It is considered as world’s best missile in its class, K-4 is about 12 metre in length with a diametre of 1.3 metre. It weighs around 17 tonne and can carry warhead weighing up to two tonne and the missile is powered by solid rocket propellant.
- ‘Saksham’,is an annual one-month long, people-centric fuel conservation mega campaign of Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- PCRA and Oil & Gas companies shall carry out various interactive programs during this month-long campaign.
- Activities like ‘Saksham’ Cycle Day, Cyclothons, and Workshops for drivers of commercial vehicles, Seminars for housewives on adopting simple fuel saving measure, Nationwide campaign are planned with an aim to reach the nook and corner of the country.
Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020
- Prime Minister’s Interaction Programme with school students “Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020” was held at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi interacted with a cross section of Students, Teachers and Parents at the event.
- This was the Third edition of “Pariksha Pe Charcha”.
- For the event, 1,050 students have been selected through an essay competition organised by the HRD Ministry in partnership with MyGov.
- Prime Minister interacted with students, parents and teachers and responded to their queries on a host of subjects related to examinations particularly, dealing with exam-centric anxiety.
- The first and the second edition of Prime Minister’s Interaction Programme with school and college students “ParikshaPeCharcha 1.0 and 2.0” was also held at Talkatora Stadium in the years 2018 and 2019 respectively.
Amendments in the National Commission for Homoeopathy Bill, 2019 approved by Cabinet
The amendments will:
- ensure necessary regulatory reforms in the field of Homoeopathy education.
- enable transparency and accountability for protecting the interest of the general public. The Commission will promote availability of affordable healthcare services in all parts of the country.
Cabinet approves The Medical Termination of Pregnancy (Amendment) Bill, 2020
- Proposing requirement for opinion of one provider for termination of pregnancy, up to 20 weeks of gestation and introducing the requirement of opinion of two providers for termination of pregnancy of 20-24 weeks of gestation.
- Enhancing the upper gestation limit from 20 to 24 weeks for special categories of women which will be defined in the amendments to the MTP Rules and would include ‘vulnerable women including survivors of rape, victims of incest and other vulnerable women (like differently-abled women, Minors) etc.
- Upper gestation limit not to apply in cases of substantial foetal abnormalities diagnosed by Medical Board. The composition, functions and other details of Medical Board to be prescribed subsequently in Rules under the Act.
- Name and other particulars of a woman whose pregnancy has been terminated shall not be revealed except to a person authorised in any law for the time being in force.
Indian Navy Launches ‘Operation Vanilla’
- Indian Navy Ship Airavat, whilst mission deployed in the Southern Indian Ocean has been diverted to Antsiranana based on request recieved from Madagascar.
- The ship will undertake Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief mission as part of ‘Operation Vanilla’ which has been launched to provide assistance to the affected population of Madagascar post devastation caused by Cyclone Diane.
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes