· 4-member panel to keep tab on ‘Project Swarn’ in ECR
- The railways has launched ‘Project Swarn’ on priority basis to maintain a passenger-friendly atmosphere on running trains, especially in Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express, across the country.
- project was launched recently for three months to take passengers’ feedback during their journey by Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express trains. “Railways will get the feedback from passengers about coach interior maintenance, condition of toilets, cleanliness, punctuality, catering service, linen condition, staff behaviour, security and entertainment on these trains,”
- ECR ( East Central Railway) held an essay competition on ‘Ek Bharat, Shresth Bharat’ in Hindi at the ECR headquarters in Hajipur on Wednesday to promote Hindi in day-to-day functioning of railways.
· Teacher training institutes to be ranked by January
- The National Council for Teachers Education (NCTE), the apex regulator of teachers education in India, will rank 100 top teacher training institutes by January next year. To start the process, teachers from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh participated in the 1st National Consultations on Reform meet.
- The proposed accreditation and ranking framework of teacher education institutions will be based on physical and academic assets, teaching learning quality and learning outcome.
- According to the assessment, the institutes will be graded from A to D. The best grade will be A. It is important for all the institutions to get themselves registered on the NCTE website
· Raj Bhavan to state varsities: Introduce biometric system
- All the universities in Bihar were directed to get biometric attendance recording system installed in their respective colleges and send the report of installation to the Raj Bhavan at the earliest.
- The basic idea of introducing the biometric system is to keep an eye on teachers as it will provide correct information about their presence or absence. Teachers will have to be present physically in the college and will not be able to mark proxy attendance.
- UN: India to become more populous than China by 2024.
- According to the World population Prospectus: The Revision released by the United Nations, India with 1.3 billion inhabitants would surpass China’s population of 1.4 billion by 2024, to become the World’s populous country.
- As per the report, the concentration of global population growth in the poorest countries is presenting a challenge. The population growth is expected to come from the 47 least developed countries where the fertility rate is around 4.3 births per woman.
- International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking: 26 June
- By resolution 42/112 of 7 December 1987, the UN General Assembly decided to observe 26 June as the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
- It aims to achieve the goal of an international society free of drug abuse.
- The theme for 2017 is: “Listen First – Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe.”
- According to the report, Nigeria which is currently at the seventh place is expected to become the third most populous country by 2050 replacing the US.
- Priyanka Chopra to endorse Skill India campaign
- Actress Priyanka Chopra will soon be seen endorsing government’s flagship Skill India campaign, with the National Skill Development Corporation roping in the Bollywood celebrity as an ambassador for the initiative.
- Priyanka will use her celebrity status to motivate youngsters to hone their abilities through a media campaign.
- Earlier, Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli, batting legend Sachin Tendulkar, Bollywood actors Sidharth Malhotra and Shabana Azmi and singer Mohit Chauhan had also become goodwill envoys for Skill India.
- Government launches VAJRA Scheme
- Department of Science and Technology has launched VAJRA (Visiting Advanced Joint Research) Faculty scheme that enables NRIs and overseas scientific community to participate and contribute to research and development in India.
- The scheme would promote broad areas of research like energy, health, advance material among others. Public funded academic institutions and national laboratories will be eligible for hosting the VAJRA Faculty. The VAJRA faculty can reside in India for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 3 months a year.
- Haryana girl Manushi Chhillar is Femina Miss India World 2017.
- The 54th Femina Miss India World 2017 winner is Manushi Chhillar from Haryana, while the first runner-up is Sana Dua from Jammu and Kashmir and the second runner-up is Priyanka Kumari from Bihar.
- The event was held at Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai.
- Besides, Vinali Bhatnagar won the Miss Active crown whereas Vamika Nidhi won the special award of ‘Body Beautiful’.
- India’s Largest Municipal Bond Programme Launched
- The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) became the first municipal corporation in the country to tap money through municipal bonds in 14 years.
- The AA+ rated PMC’s municipal bonds raised Rs 200 crore at 7.59 per cent rate at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). This is the first-ever mobilisation of debt capital by a municipal corporation on the BSE BOND platform.
- This will also be the first issuance since the publication of ‘Issue and Listing of Debt Securities by Municipalities Regulations, 2015’ by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). The 10-year bonds will be used by the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) for a Rs 2,300-crore water project. The scheme is aimed at providing water 24×7 for all residents of Pune.
- Uttarakhand and Haryana Declared Open Defecation Free States
- Under the Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin (SBM-G), rural Uttarakhand and rural Haryana have been declared as the 4th and 5th Open Defecation Free (ODF) States of India. Already, Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh and Kerala, have been declared ODF.
- As per the government sources, nationally the sanitation coverage has increased from 42% to over 64% since the launch of SBM. Uttarakhand has 13 districts, 95 blocks, 7256 gram panchayats and 15751 villages while Haryana has 21 districts, 124 blocks, and 6083 gram panchayats. All these have been declared as ODF. With this, the total number of ODF states in the country have increased to 5 covering more than 2 lakh villages and 147 districts across the country.
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes