- PM Narendra Modi to open PU’s 100th yr celebrations
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the centenary celebrations of Patna University (PU), the seventh oldest in the cou
- The centenary year of PU commenced on October 1 last year, but a function could not be organized to commemorate the occasion.
- UNESCO puts city of Hebron on its heritage in danger list.
- UNESCO has declared the Old City of Hebron an endangered world heritage site, sparking outrage from Israel in a new spat at the international body.
- Meeting in Poland, the UN’s cultural arm voted 12 to three — with six abstentions — to give heritage status to Hebron’s Old City in the occupied West Bank, which is home to more than 200,000 Palestinians and a few hundred Israeli settlers.
- 122 Countries adopts historic global treaty to ban Nuclear Weapons.
- The United Nations has adopted a historic global treaty banning nuclear weapons. The treaty was adopted by a vote of 122 members in favour. The Netherlands was the only country who voted against the treaty. Singapore abstained from voting.
- The nine nuclear powers, namely, the United States, Russia, Britain, China, France, India, Pakistan, North Korea and Israel neither took part in the negotiations nor cast their vote. Even Japan the sole sufferer of atomic attack refrained from taking part in the negotiations. Most of the NATO countries too boycotted the negotiations. The nuclear powers view the treaty as unrealistic and argue that it will not have any impact on reducing the global stockpile of 15000 atomic weapons.
- India ranked 23rd in second Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI)
- India has been ranked 23rd out of 165 nations in the second Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) that measures the commitment of nations across the world to cyber security. The Index has been released by the UN telecommunications agency International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- India has been listed in the “maturing category” of the index with a score of 0.683. Around 77 countries have been placed in the maturing category as they have developed complex commitments to cyber security and engage in cybersecurity programmes and initiatives. Singapore has topped the index with a score of 0.925. Singapore is followed by United States (2nd), Malaysia (3rd), Oman (4th), Estonia (5th), Mauritius (6th), Australia (7th), Georgia (8th), France (9th), Canada (10th) and Russia (11th). China has been placed at 34th.
Gk byte-ITU (International Telecommunication Unit)
- ITU is the United Nations specialised agency for information and communication technologies (ICTs). ITU has 193 countries as its members and also 800 private-sector entities and academic institutions. ITU is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. ITU is responsible for allocating global radio spectrum and satellite orbits. It also develops the technical standards that ensure networks and technologies to seamlessly interconnect. It also strives to improve access to ICTs among the underserved communities worldwide.
- India and Bangladesh have decided to construct bridge along Mizoram Border
- India and Bangladesh have decided to construct a bridge over Mizoram’s Khawthlangtuipui river (also known as Karnaphuli river) to facilitate trade and to improve communication between the two countries.
- The decision was taken after officials from both the side met at Tlabung town in Mamit district of Mizoram.
- The Mamit district is situated adjacent to Khagrachari district of Southeast Bangladesh. The proposed bridge is expected to be constructed as closer as possible to the nearest custom station located in the Bangladesh side.
he proposed bridge is expected to serve as an important link between India and Bangladesh. It would improve road connectivity between the two regions. The proposed bridge is also expected to strengthen the ties between the people of the two countries.
- Scheme for IPR Awareness has launched.
- Taking forward the National Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy 2016, a ‘Scheme for IPR Awareness – Creative India; Innovative India’ has been launched by Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) under the aegis of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion.
- The Scheme aims at raising IPR awareness amongst students, youth, authors, artists, budding inventors and professionals to inspire them to create, innovate and protect their creations and inventions across India including Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 cities as well as rural areas in the next 3 years.
- Nalco, IDCO to set up Aluminium Park in Odisha
- Nalco, in collaboration with Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO), is setting up the first of its kind Aluminium Park in Angul, Odisha.
- Investment to the tune of Rs 180 crore will be made on infrastructure of the project which is expected to generate 15,000 jobs.
- Odisha currently contributes about 54 per cent of India’s total aluminium smelting capacity.
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes