- New bill for Bihar varsity commission in monsoon session to fill vacancies
- A new bill will be tabled during the forthcoming monsoon session of the Bihar legislature for the constitution of the Bihar State University Service Commission to fill largescale vacancies in the state’s universities.
- This bill be one of the three related to higher education to be tabled during monsoon session.
- A second bill would authorise the constitution of the state higher education council, which will now have 30 members, up from the present 17, while the third will help deal with defining absorption date of teachers.
- The state legislature had during the budget session passed the Bihar State Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and PU (Amendment) Bill, 2017 for setting up the commission, which had been dissolved in 2007 after 25 years of its existence.
- UNESCO has named Sharjah as the World Book Capital for 2019.
- Sharjah was chosen for its efforts to make books accessible to its entire population. Salient Highlights Sharjah was selected to underline the efforts taken by it to make books accessible for reading to as many people as possible, especially the marginalised populations.
- It has followed an innovative and inclusive community-focused activity programme to engage people, in particular, the very large migrant population. Sharjah is the 19th city to be named as World Book Capital by the UNESCO.
- Sharjah has become the first among the Gulf Cooperation Council and third in the Arab world and the Middle East to receive this prestigious recognition.
- Dairy products to carry quality mark
- Like Woolmark assures of getting quality wool and Agmark and ISI marks are assurance that the agriculture produce or industrial products that you buy are of good quality and standards, dairy products in the country including milk pouches will have a quality mark logo on them.
- The dairy products carrying this quality mark logo will assure the consumers that the products are free from any kind of adulteration.
- Centre ask states to set up own insurance cos for PMFBY
- The Centre said it has asked state governments to set up their own insurance companies for better implementation of the crop insurance scheme and warned the existing insurers of strict action in case of irregularities.
- As per the lok sabha session the question arises regarding the scheme.There are implementation issuesin the government’s flagship Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna (PMFBY) launched in 2016.
- At present, both public and private insurers are implementing the PMFBY. More companies will enhance the competition.
- The PMFBY has replaced two schemes National Agricultural Insurance Schemeas well as the Modified NAIS. Government is working to ensure farmers’ income gets doubled by 2022.
- Russia keen to sell new fighter MiG-35 to air force
- Russia is keen on selling its new fighter jet MiG-35 to India with the MiG corporation’s chief saying the country has evinced interest in the aircraft and talks were on to understand its requirements.
- The MiG-35 is Russia’s most advanced 4++ generation multipurpose fighter jet developed.
- MiG aircraft have been used by India for almost 50 years and MiG corporation proposes its new products to India among the first countries and intends to continue supplying India with its most modern aircraft.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes