Bridge tender in Bihar involving Chinese firms cancelled
Bridge tender in Bihar involving Chinese firms in bidding cancelled on ‘technical reasons’
The tendering process for the proposed bridge parallel to Mahatma Gandhi Setu on Ganga, connecting Patna to north Bihar, was said to be in final stage.
The seven companies which were earlier qualified for the final bidding were Tata Projects, Gammon India, L&T, SP Singla, Afcons Infrastructure, Ashok Buildcon and Dilip Buildcon.
Among them, five had joint venture with Chinese partners for technical and resource assistance.
It is said that the decision to cancel the tendering process was taken in view of the recent face-off between Indian soldiers and Chinese troops at Galwan valley in Ladakh.
Mike Pompeo welcomes India’s Chinese app ban
- S. welcomed India’s ban on Chinese apps, as per U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
UN adopts resolution calling for pandemic-related halt to conflicts
- The UN Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution calling for a halt to conflicts to facilitate the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It “calls upon all parties to armed conflicts to engage immediately in a durable humanitarian pause for at least 90 consecutive days, in order to enable the safe, unhindered and sustained delivery of humanitarian assistance.”
- Fighting against jihadist insurgent groups is excluded.
Russian voters approved changes to the constitution that will allow President Vladimir Putin to potentially hold power until 2036
- The amendments that would allow Mr. Putin to run for two more six-year terms, in 2024 and 2030, are part of a package of constitutional changes that also outlaw same-sex marriage, mention “a belief in God as a core value” and emphasize the primacy of Russian law over international norms.
National Doctor’s Day-1st July
- In India, the National Doctors’ Day is celebrated on July 1 all across India to honour the legendary physician and the second Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr.Bidhan Chandra Roy.
- President Ram Nath Kovind expressed his gratitude to medical professionals for their selfless service in fighting the coronavirus pandemic.
Special Liquidity Scheme for NBFCs and HFCs
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt Nirmala Sitharamanhad announced on 13th March 2020, launch of a Special Liquidity Scheme of Rs. 30,000 crore.
- RBI will provide funds for the Scheme by subscribing to government guaranteed special securities issued by the Trust.
- The total amount of such securities issued outstanding shall not exceed Rs. 30,000 crores at any point of time.
- Government of India will provide an unconditional and irrevocable guarantee to the special securities issued by the Trust.
- The Scheme is being launched on July 1, 2020 through a Special Purpose Vehiclein the form of SLS Trust set up by SBI Capital Markets Limited (SBICAP).
Udyam Registration Portal For MSMEs
- Udyam Registration Portal developed by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has become operational
- new registration process will boost up ‘Ease of Doing Business’ and it will reduce transaction time and costs. Ministry has clarified that except the portal no other private online or offline system, service, agency or person is authorized to do MSME registration.
Bahuda Yatra, the return journey of deities
- The Bahuda Yatra, the return journey of the deities to the Puri Jagannath temple after the annual Rath Yatra, was celebrated in absence of devotees in the pilgrimage town of Puri
- First, the Supreme Court had refused to allow Rath Yatras anywhere in Odisha, stating that it would lead to large gatherings of devotees, which is not desirable in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The apex court then allowed the Rath Yatra in the absence of devotees.
- The State government was asked to conduct COVID-19 tests on the servitors of the Shree Jagannath Temple and, those found negative could participate in the Rath Yatra.
AyushSanjivani Mobile App
- The Ministry of AYUSH launched the “AyushSanjivani” mobile application for understanding the measures adopted by public for enhancing immunity and keeping themselves healthy in the difficult COVID-19 situation.
- The app is designed as a simple but effective mechanism of electronic documentation for studying population behaviour.
- Response of the public to the advisories issued by the AYUSH Ministry on immunity enhancement will be an important area of examination.
- In addition, provision is also made for recording other measures (if any) propagated by AYUSH practitioners and adopted by general public for immunity enhancement and disease prevention.
- Data collected through this app will be analyzed to find out usage of AYUSH interventions and its efficacy in maintaining health by enhancing immunity.
Tribes India outlet in Prayagraj
- Tribes India outlet now opens at Prayagraj Airport today
- Tribes India expands its retail network to 121 outlets across the country
- Taking the Prime Minister’s message forward to “Be Vocal for Local” and promoting the livelihood of the tribal artisans through marketing, TRIFED continues to expand its retail operations across the country – even in these challenging circumstances.
‘Accelerate Vigyan’ to strengthen scientific research mechanism
- This inter-ministerial scheme gives more thrust on encouraging high-end scientific research and preparing scientific manpower
- AV will initiate and strengthen mechanisms of identifying research potential, mentoring, training and hands-on workshop on a national scale
- The primary objective of this inter-ministerial scheme is to give more thrust on encouraging high-end scientific research and preparing scientific manpower, which can lead to research careers and knowledge-based economy. Recognizing that all research has its base as development of quality and well-trained researchers, AV will initiate and strengthen mechanisms of identifying research potential, mentoring, training and hands-on workshop on a national scale.
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes