- PESU blames ‘foreign objects’ for power cuts
- Amid growing number of complaints from city residents on frequent power cuts, Patna Electric Supply Understanding(PESU) has attributed it to transient fault owing to contact of foreign objects with the overhead electricity wires.
- It is true that the number of complaints being received at the 48 fuse call centres in the city have increased to around 600-700 per day, but such power cuts are only momentary. It mostly happens when the overhead wires get in contact with foreign objects like tree branches. The system cuts the power supply immediately and restores it within maximum five minutes.
- International Decade for Action: Water for Sustainable Development 2018-2028
- Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation and Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Shri Nitin Gadkari is scheduled to visit Republic of Tajikistan to represent India in the high-level Conference on “International Decade for Action: Water for Sustainable Development, 2018-2028” on 20-21 June 2018.
- United Nations and Government of Republic of Tajikistan are jointly organizing the Conference to discuss key water related issues of sustainable development goals adopted by UN member countries.
- Tajikistan is a strategic partner country in our extended neighbourhood.
- The country has a leading role in pioneering global water related issues.
· US scientists unveiled worlds most powerful and smartest scientific supercomputer
- US scientists have unveiled the world’s most powerful and smartest scientific supercomputer named “Summit” that can complete over 200,000 trillion calculations per second.
- This supercomputer called Summit will be eight times more powerful than its previous top-ranked system, Titan.
- Union HRD Minister dedicates the National Digital Library of India to the Nation
- The Union Human Resource Development Minister, Shri Prakash Javadekar launched the new digital initiative of HRD Ministry ‘National Digital Library of India’ on the occasion of National Reading Day in New Delhi.
- This National Digital Library of India (NDLI) is a project of the Ministry of Human Resource Development under the aegis of National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT).
- The objective of NDL is to make digital educational resources available to all citizens of the country to empower, inspire and encourage learning. National Digital Library of India is developed by IIT Kharagpur.
- NDL is the Single Window Platform that collects and collates metadata from premier learning institutions in India and abroad, as well as other relevant sources.
- It is a digital repository containing textbooks, articles, videos, audio books, lectures, simulations, fiction and all other kinds of learning media.
- Chief Ministers Subgroup Constituted for Agriculture and MGNREGS
- Government has set up a Chief Ministers Subgroup to Coordinate Policy Approaches for Agriculture and MGNREGS.
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh as the Convener and CMs of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Sikkim along with the Member NITI Aayog, Shri Ramesh Chand are its members.
- The move comes in the backdrop of the vision of the Prime Minister towards Doubling Farmers’ Income by 2022 which requires a multi-dimensional and inclusive approach.
· Railways to become Net Zero Carbon emitter by 2030, announced by Union Minister Piyush Goyal
- Indian Railways will become a “net zero” carbon emitter by 2030, with the current action plans on anvil for 100 per cent electrification, coupled with renewable strategies.
- This has been announced by Railways Minister Piyush Goyal while addressing the Rail Contact 2018 conference organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
· Three Day National Yoga Olympiad 2018 began in New Delhi
- For the third consecutive year, National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) organised three-day National Yoga Olympiad-2018 in New Delhi.
- In this, 500 students from 26 states and four regional educational institutions are taking part.
- Two books named “Joy of Theater” and “Music” were also released on this occasion.
· ICGS Rani Rashmoni ship was commissioned at Vizag
- Additional Director General of the Coast Guard VSR Murthy commissioned the last of the five Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) project of Indian Coast Guard, ICGS ‘Rani Rashmoni’, in Visakhapatnam.
- So far four such ships such as ICGS Rani Abbakka, ICGS Rani Avanti Bai, ICGS Rani Durgavati and ICGS Rani Gaidinliu, have been commissioned and are in active service at various locations on the eastern seaboard.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes