- Economists asked to study Bihar-specific development issues
- Economists participating in the three-day annual meeting of Bihar Economic Association in Gaya have emphasised the need to conduct studies on Bihar-specific issues for speedy development of the state.
- Some of the conference participants regretted that enough was not being done to dissect the different dimensions of the new economic policy that encourages liberalisation as well as globalisation.
· India and United States to hold inaugural 2 plus 2 Dialogue on July 6 in Washington, DC
- This new dialogue format was agreed upon between the two sides during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Washington in June 2017.
- External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and minister of defence Nirmala Sitharamanwill take part in the first meeting of the ‘2+2 Dialogue’ with US Secretary of State Michael R Pompeo and Secretary of Defence James N Mattis on July 6 in Washington, DC.
· India and Tajikistan agree to enhance mutual cooperation for sustainable water development
- India and Tajikistan have reaffirmed their commitment to promote bilateral relations and agreed to enhance economic cooperation, particularly in sustainable water development.
- Tajikistan President – Emomali Rahmon
- Tajikistan currency – Somoni
- Tajikistan capital – Dushanbe
- World Music Day 2018 observed on 21st June
- Music lovers all across the globe celebrate World Music Day on June 21 every year.
- The day is also known asFete de la Musique after a music festival that began in France in 1982.
- To mark the day, around 150 artists from over 16 countries, including France, USA, Nepal, Spain, Italy, Thailand and India, will be performing at multiple venues across the city of Udaipur this year.
· Vatican officially uses term LGBT for first time in its history
- ‘LGBT‘ is used to denote the terms Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender.
- The use of the term appears to mark a significant change in the Vatican’s attitude towards gay Catholics, which it has previously described as people with “homosexual inclinations” and “homosexuals.”
· Microsoft acquires Social Learning Platform Flipgrid in latest challenge to Google
- Microsoft has acquired Flipgrid, an education start-up with an app that lets students record and share videos on specific topics with their classmates.
- Microsoft is making Flipgrid free of charge. Schools that already have subscriptions will receive prorated refunds.
- Google introduced Google Classroom in 2014 as a place for teachers to give out assignments and for students to hand them in, using the company’s productivity apps like Google Docs.
- In 2016, Microsoft unveiled a similar tool called Microsoft Classroomas part of its Office 365 productivity software package for education.
· Worlds first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics launched in Gujarat
- The world’s first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics (ICHF) was launched on 20 June 2018 in Gujarat, India.
- It is launched by the Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (GFSU) in collaboration with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Regional Delegation for India, Bhutan, Nepal and the Maldives.
· RBI revises upwards housing loan limits under priority sector
- The housing loan limits for eligibility under priority sector lending will be revised toRs 35 lakh in metropolitan centres Rs 28 lakh earlier (with population of ten lakh and above), and to Rs 25 lakh from Rs 20 lakh earlier in other centres, provided the overall cost of the dwelling unit in the metropolitan centre and at other centres does not exceed Rs 45 lakh and Rs 30 lakh, respectively.
- The existing limit for family income of Rs 2 lakh per annum for loans to housing projects for home construction economically weaker sections and low income groups, is revised to Rs 3 lakhper annum and Rs 6 lakh per annum respectively in alignment with the income criteria specified under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes