- Frozen Semen Station being set up in Maranga,Purnea
- Laying the foundation stone of the frozen semen station in Maranga, Purnea Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh said that the frozen semen station is being set up at a cost of Rs 64 crore under the Rashtriya Gokul Mission with 100% contribution from the Central Government.
- Out of this, Rs 20 crore has already been released.
- Currently, the artificial insemination is being done by CMOFED (Sudha) in Bihar. For artificial insemination, semen from high genetic merit bulls is needed.
- Shri Singh elaborated that the frozen semen station in Purnea will be the first state-of-the-art semen production center of the country.
- The Minister said the RashtriyaGokul Mission was initiated in December 2014 with an aim to conserve and develop indigenous breeds.
- India largest remittance-receiving country in the world
- India was the largest remittance- receiving country in the world, with migrant workers from the country sending home USD 69 billion in 2017.
- According to the report, remittances to the Asia-Pacific region amounted to USD 256 billion last year.
- The report ‘Remit SCOPE – Remittance markets and opportunities – Asia and the Pacific’ said India (USD 69 billion), China (USD 64 billion) and the Philippines (USD 33 billion) are the three largest remittance- receiving countries in the world in 2017.
· India and Nepal Agree To Expand Their Partnership For Socio-Economic Development
- India and Nepal have agreed to expand their partnership for socio-economic development on the basis of principles of equality, trust, respect and mutual benefit.
- In a joint statement issued after Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s two-day visit to Nepal. Mr. Modi and his Nepalese counterpart KP Sharma Oli emphasized the need for the regular convening of bilateral mechanisms to review the overall state of bilateral relations and for expeditious implementation of the economic and development co-operation projects.
· UNDP to Set Up Skill Development Centre In Hyderabad
- Aimed at empowering vulnerable and marginalized women by imparting skills training, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)announced to set up a skill development center at ‘Bharosa,’ an integrated support center for distressed women and children in Hyderabad.
- ‘Bharosa,’ an initiative of Hyderabad City Police, is a state-of-the-art center to support women and children who are victims of violence.
- Customs and Postal Department hold First ever Joint Conference
- Indian Customs and Department of India Posts held a First ever Joint Conference at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi to deliberate on streamlining of imports and exports by post.
- Commissioners of Customs from all the States having Foreign Post Offices (FPOs) were present along with their counterpart Post Master Generals.
- Imports and exports by post are the 6thhighest cited citizen grievances under CPGRAMs.
- Customs and Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) have worked together since a year to liberalise, reform and align laws relating to imports by Post.
- Lata Mangeshkar conferred ‘Swara Mauli’ award
- Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar was honoured with “Swara Mauli” title by spiritual guru Vidya Narsimha Bharati Swami.
- Her sister singer Asha Bhosle, Usha Mangeshkar and brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar were present at the occasion.
- Under-16 Indian football team wins title in Serbia
- Indian colts pumped in as many as three goals in the first 10 minutes of the match to outplay Tajikistan 4-2 and emerge champions in the four-nation Under-16 Tournament held in Serbia.
- Putting up an impressive show, the Indian drew 0-0 with the hosts, defeated Jordan 2-1 before beating Tajikistan in the final.
· Indian Army Finalises Rs 15,000 Crore Ammunition Production Project
- Indian Army finalized a mega 15,000 crore rupees project under which a range of ammunition for its critical weapons and tanks will be produced indigenously.
- Around 11 private firms would be involved in the ambitious project.
- The immediate aim of the project is to create an inventory of all major weapons to enable the forces to fight a 30-day war while the long-term objective is to cut dependence on imports.
- The army has set a specific target for the next 10 years in terms of the volume of ammunition to be produced.
· Jammu and Kashmir Government abolishes stamp duty on sale of properties in women’s name
- CM Mehbooba Mufti-led Jammu and Kashmir governmentwaived off stamp duty on the sale of properties registered in the name of women.
- Notably, the decision is seen as a step to empower women in the state which may help them to own more immovable assets.
- The state cabinet of Jammu and Kashmir sanctioned reduction of stamp duty by 5 percent in the rural areas if a property is registered in the name of a male member of the family.
- However, the state cabinet has also abolished stamp duty in case the property is registered in the name of a female member of the family in both urban and rural areas.
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes