- Only 18% students of Bihar government schools bought new books
- A survey conducted by Bihar Education Project Council (BEPC) has revealed that only 18% students of Classes I to VIII in government schools have bought new books while the rest are still using the old books. BEPC is a wing of state education
- The survey was conducted by 38 education department officials between October 23 and November 3 on the instruction of BEPC to verify proper distribution of funds among the students in government schools for purchasing textbooks.
- The state government sanctioned Rs285.64 crore to education department in March to transfer the amount in the bank accounts of Classes I to VIII students for purchasing of textbooks.
· United Nations Postal System issues special postal stamps to mark Diwali celebration
- United Nations Postal Administration (UNPA) has issued special stamps with Diyas lamps (special event sheet) to commemorate India Hindu festival of Diwali. These stamps are available at UN headquarters post office in New York, US and also online.
- The special event sheet (stamps) issued by UNPA are in denomination of US $1.15. It contains ten stamps and tabs featuring festive lights and symbolic lamps known as diyas.
- UNPA is postal agency of United Nations. It issues postage stamps and postal stationery, denominated in United States dollars for United Nations offices in New York, in Swiss francs for offices in Geneva and in euros for the offices in Vienna.
· India participates in China’s First International Import Expo
- It is the world’s firstimport-themed national-level expo that will feature enterprise and business exhibitions, country pavilions for trade and investment.
- Leaders from 18 countries, including Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khanparticipate in the six-day mega event in Shanghai, which is aimed at exhibiting China’s import potential.
- The expo is being held amid China’s trade war with the US, which slapped additional tariffs on Chinese goodsworth about USD 250 billion, demanding Beijing to bring down the trade deficit amounting to USD 375 billion.
· India pledges contributions of USD 13.36 mn for UN agencies, development activities
- India announced contributions of $13.36 million(over ₹97.2 crore) for various United Nations (UN) agencies and development activities at the 2018 ‘United Nations Pledging Conference for Development Activities’.
- Around 19 countriespledged a total of $425.69 million at the conference.
- India has committed over $100 million to the India-UN Development Partnership Fund which was set up last year.
- 1st WHO Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health Held in Geneva
- The first Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health was held at WHO Headquarters in Geneva on 30 October – 1 November 2018.
- The conference responds to a World Health Assembly mandate to combat one of the world’s most significant causes of premature death, causing some 7 million deaths annually.
· Union Cabinet approves opening up of International Solar Alliance membership to all UN countries
- The decision was taken to put solar energy on the global agenda with the universal appeal for developing and deploying solar energy.
- International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an alliance dedicated to the promotion of solar energy among its member countries and is headquartered at Gurugram, India.
- The main objective of ISA is to include global deployment of over 1,000GW of solar generation capacity and mobilisation of investment of over US$ 1000 billion into solar energy by 2030.
· Government approves operationalisation strategy for Operation Greens
- Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) approved operationalisation strategy for Operation Greens. Operation Greens was announced by Union Government in Budget 2018-19 to stabilise supply of Tomato, Onion and Potato (TOP) crops. It is aimed at ensuring availability of TOP crops throughout the country round the year without price volatility.
ð Operation Green was announced in Union Budget 2018-19 on line of Operation Flood to promote FPOs, agri-logistics, processing facilities and professional management. It aims to promote farmer producers organisations, processing facilities, agri-logistics and professional management.
- Advanced Motor Fuels Technology Collaboration Programme
- The Union Cabinet has been apprised of India joining as Member of Advanced Motor Fuels Technology Collaboration Programme (AMF TCP) under International Energy Agency (IEA).
- The primary goal of joining AMF TCP by India to bring down emissions and achieve higher fuel efficiency in transport sector.
- AMF TCP is an international platform under the framework of International Energy Agency (IEA) for co-operation among countries to promote cleaner and more energy efficient fuels & vehicle technologies.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes