- Prime Minister lays Foundation Stone for Infrastructure Projects in Bihar
ð The Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for four sewerage projects under the Namami Gange programme; and four National Highway projects, at Mokama in Bihar.
ð The total outlay of these projects is over Rs. 3700 crore.
ð The four sewerage projects include Sewage Treatment Plant at Beur, Sewerage System with Sewer Network at Beur, Sewage Treatment Plant at Karmalichak and STP and Sewer Network at Saidpur.
ð These projects together will create new STP capacity of 120 MLD and upgrade the existing 20 MLD for Beur.
· Worlds First negative emissions plant starts operations in Iceland, turning carbon dioxide into stone
- The world’s first “negative emissions” plant that turns carbon dioxide into carbonate rocks has begun operations in Iceland.
- The EU-backed project at one of the world’s largest geothermal power plants in Hellisheidi, Iceland, will capture CO2from ambient air for permanent storage underground.
· HPCL becomes first Indian Oil Marketing Company to launch lubricants in Myanmar
- HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd) has become the first Oil Marketing Company (OMC) from India to mark its presence in the lubricant market in Myanmar.
- HPCL has chosen commercial hubs of Yangon and Mandalay
· Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated the Indian Handicrafts and Gift Fair 2017 at Greater Noida
- Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani today inaugurated the 44th edition of Indian Handicrafts and Gift Fair (IHGF) 2017 at India Expo Centre and Mart in Greater Noida.
- The five-day extravaganza hosting a gathering of over 2,980 exhibitors will have buyers coming from around 100 countries including China, Australia, the US and the UK.
- The exhibition will end on October 15.
· Kolkata to host International Puppet festival from October 26
- Kolkata will host International Puppet festival for the first time and the six-day long festival will commence from October 26 to 31.
- West Bengal principal secretary Tourism and Home Affairs Atri Bhattacharyawill be inaugurating the festival.
- Artists from the UK, Germany, Peru, Portugal, Italy, Lithuania, Brazil, Singapore and India would be participating in the festival.
- The puppet festival is aimed at regenerating the emotions attached to puppetry and it will be held at
· India proposed to operate a Sri Lankan airport near the Hambantota seaport
- India plans to operate a Sri Lankan airport on the southern tip of the island, where China has invested heavily as part of its Belt and Road initiative.
- China runs the seaport with a 99-year leaseand was planning to expand its footprint in the area with the refinery, which would be Sri Lanka`s largest, and an investment zone of about 6,000 hectares (15,000 acres).
- India has offered to set up a joint venture with Sri Lanka to manage and expand facilities at the loss-making Mattala airport, which sits adjacent to the Hambantota seaport.
- India Sri Lanka Joint Military exercise Mitra Shakti 2017 begins
- The fifth India-Sri Lanka Joint Training Exercise MITRA SHAKTI 2017 started with a grand Opening Ceremony conducted at Aundh Military Station, Pune.
- The exercise is based on Counter Terrorist Operations and an Infantry company from both the countries is participating in the same.
- The India – Sri Lanka joint training exercise MITRA SHAKTI 2017 in its fifth edition will send a strong signal to the world that both India and Sri Lanka understand the emerging threat of terrorism and stand shoulder to shoulder in countering this menace.
- DoP launches Sampoorna Bima Gram Yojana
- The Minister for Communications launched the Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana and an initiative for expansion of clientele base of Postal Life Insurance.
- All villages under the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana will be brought under its ambit.
- Under Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana, at least one village (having a minimum of 100 households) will be identified in each of the revenue districts of the country, wherein endeavour will be made to cover all households of that identified village with a minimum of one RPLI (Rural Postal Life Insurance) policy each.
- Coverage of all households in the identified Sampoorna Bima Gram village is the primary objective of this scheme.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes