- No salary to teachers for 6 months
- Even as the Bihar government has announced payment of October salary to its permanent employees before Diwali, such a move has not been made for the three lakh school teachers appointed on contract, who have not been paid their salary for six months.
- As for the immediate reason for the delay in salary disbursal, sources said the Centre had not released its 60% share for the salary of contract teacher.
· India, Brazil, South Africa sign IBSA Trust Fund agreement
- India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA) have signed the IBSA Trust Fund Agreement that seeks to fight poverty in developing countries.
- It was signed at the 8th IBSA trilateral Ministerial Commission Meeting in Durban, South Africa.
- It is an international tripartite grouping for promoting international cooperation among these countries.
· India and Russia to participate in first-ever tri-services military exercise
- The first-ever Tri-Services Joint Exercisebetween Indian and Russian Armed Forces, INDRA-2017 began.
- The Indian contingent comprises of 350 personnel from Army, 80 from Air Force, two IL 76 aircraft and one Frigate and Corvette each from the Navy.
- It is a landmark event in the history of Indo-Russian defense co-operation and will strengthen mutual confidence, inter-operability and enable sharing of best practices between both the armed forces.
· World Statistics Day is celebrated on 20th October
- At its 41st Session in February 2010, the United Nations Statistical Commission proposed celebrating 20th October 2010 asWorld Statistics Day.
- It was first observed in the year 2010 and 2015.
- It emphasizes the critical role of high-quality official statistical information in analysis and informed policy decision-making in support of sustainable development.
- Jacinda Ardern to be New Zealand’s next PM
- Jacinda Ardern will become New Zealand’s next prime minister 26 days after the country’s electorate cast their votes.
- Labour party will form a coalition government with NZ First, along with the backing of the Green party, which means Ardern, 37, becomes New Zealand’s third female prime minister.
- Ardern, who also becomes New Zealand’s youngest prime minister for 150 years, said she was committed to forming a strong and durable government.
- Environmental scientist Schellnhuber receives Blue Planet Prize
- The world’s most prestigious award for pioneers in environmental science was given to Hans Joachim Schellnhuber in Tokyo.
- He is Director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK), a member of the Leibniz Association.
- The Blue Planet Prize, coming along with 50 million yen, honors outstanding thinkers who help to meet challenges of planetary dimensions.
· Maharashtra Government panel approves 16,000-crore Navi Mumbai airport
- The highest bid from GVK for building the Navi Mumbai International Airport, theProject Management and Implementation Committee (PMIC), headed by the chief secretary.
- The phase 1 of the Rs16,000 crore NMIA is likely to be completed by December 2019.
- He has offered a greater share in the project and the letter of intent is expected to be issued within a once the government sanction is received.
- Arunachal Assembly approves Kamle as 23rd district
- The Arunachal Assembly passed a bill paving way for creation of a new district to be named Kamle.
- With the official creation of the new district, the total number of districts in the state shot up to 23.
- Chief Minister Pema Khandu introduced the Arunachal Pradesh Re-Orgaisation of Districts (Amendment) Bill 2017 in the Assembly on October 14.
- Kamle district, constituting the eastern part of Lower Subansiri district and western part of Upper Subansiri district, would have a population of 22,256 of homogeneous people.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes