- Governor opens 48th annual ceremony of Rajgir stupa
- Amid chants of ‘Namu Myōhō Renge Kyō’, Bihar governor Satya Pal Malikopened the 48th annual ceremony of the World Peace Pagoda (Vishwa Shanti Stupa) atop the Ratnagiri Hills in Rajgir.
- Buddhist monks and devotees from several South East Asian countries also attended the function in which chief monk of the Nipponzan Myohoji sect (Japan Buddha Sangha), Ven S Shugei, led the peace prayers.
· Nicaragua signs Paris climate agreement
- Central American country Nicaragua signed the Paris climate change agreement and presented the relevant documents for the agreement at the United Nations.
- Earlier, Nicaraguan Government did not sign the agreement arguing that the accord did not put sufficient onus on wealthy countries to tackle climate change and was not ambitious enough in its objectives.
- It is to be noted that Nicaragua has no oil and its government pursues green energy policies. More than 50% of its electricity is produced by geothermic, wind, solar, biomass and wave power.
· India and Asian Development Bank Sign $300 Million Loan
- The Asian Development Bankand the Government of India signed a $300 million loan to continue a series of fiscal reforms in the State of West Bengal to improve the quality of public service delivery.
- The Second West Bengal Development Finance Program targets a further increase in public investment through the reduction of unproductive expenditure.
· Union Cabinet Approves Mega Rs 7lakh crore Project to Develop 83,000 km Highways
- The Union Cabinet approved the biggest ever highway project to develop and expand approximately 83,000 km of roads at an investment of Rs 6.9 lakh crore by 2022.
- The project also includes the new 28,400 km Bharatmala highway program connecting border areas, improving international, port and coastal connectivity.
- Bharatmala is government’s mega plan and the second-largest highways project after National Highway Development Project that saw the development of about 50,000 km and aims at improving connectivity in border and other areas.
· Union Cabinet Approves Rs 2.11 lakh crores PSBs’ Capitalisation Plan
- The Indian government announced an allocation ofRs 2.11 lakh crore over 2 yearsfor the recapitalization of public sector banks.
- As part of the plan, the government will essentially issue bonds to banks worth Rs 1.35 lakh crore while Rs 76,000 crore will come through budgetary support.
- Lenders will subscribe to these bonds as part of their investment portfolio. The money raised by the government will then be used to recapitalize banks.
· Ministries of Power & Textiles join hands for SAATHI initiative
- Ministries of Power and Textiles have joined hands under SAATHI (Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of efficient Textile technologies to Help small Industries)
- Under this initiative, Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a PSU under Ministry of Power, will procure energy efficient power looms, motors.
- The SAATHI initiative will be jointly implemented by EESL and office of Textile Commissioner on the pan-India basis. It will be implemented in the key cluster.
- Paika Bidroha’ to be named as 1st War of Independence
- The ‘Paika Bidroha’ (Paika rebellion) of 1817 will find a place in the history books as ‘the First War of Independence’ from the next academic session, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said.
- Javadekar had first made the announcement IN Bhubaneswar at a function to mark the bicentenary of the Paika rebellion, and added that the Centre has allocated Rs. 200 crore for commemorating it across the country.
- Paikas were peasant militia under the Gajapati rulers of Odisha who rendered military service to the king during times of war.
- They rebelled against the British rule under the leadership of Bakshi Jagabandhu Bidyadhara as early as 1817.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes