India law regulates employment of children. Children below 14 cannot work in any occupations except as a child artist and in a family business.
2) Adolescents between 14 and 18 are prohibited from working in any hazardous or dangerous occupation and processes.
3) Adolescent can only work in certain government declared non-hazardous occupations, a family business or as an artist.
5) Toll free number for complaining about child labour( 1098)
6) Any person who employs a child below 14 years of age can be punished with: Jail time between six months and two years and/or
Fine between Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 50,000.
7) The Government appoints Inspectors to make sure that there is no illegal employment and the permitted employment of adolescents is done as per the law.
8) Any child or adolescent who has been employed illegally will be rehabilitated as per the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 which is the law in India for rehabilitation of children.
9) A Child Labour Rehabilitation-cum-Welfare Fund is a fund which is established for every one or two districts. The fine paid by the employer is deposited into this Fund.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes