According to the Rajya Sabha report on Parliamentary disruptions, disruption have increased and has lead to the wastage of time, wastage of taxpayer money, major concern is intentional disruption. This tool is utilised by opposition to disrupt sessions and no party is immune from it.
The solution for prevention of Parliamentary disruptions can be:
- Back channel communication between the political parties. The responsibility of ruling disposition is higher and they shall convene all party meeting before introducing a major motion, resolution or bill.
- There shall be judicious use of whip. The Nation interest shall be prime.
- Special sessions for compensation of wasted time.
- Ethics committee of both houses should be revamped.
- Inter party democracy shall be there where showing dissent shall be welcomed rather than construing it as anti- party stand.