Procedure for amendment is laid down in article 368 part XX of the Indian constitution. Following is the procedure for the amendment of the constitution:
- Amendment of the constitution can be initiated only by the introduction of a bill in either of the house.
- State legislature cannot introduce a bill for CA.
- The bill must be passed by special majority by separate house.
- There is no provision of joint sitting in the case of deadlock between both the houses.
- If the bill seek to amend the federal provisions then it must also be ratified by the state legislatures of half of the state by simple majority.
- After duly passed by both houses and ratified by state legislature, the bill is presented to the President for assent
- The president must give his assent, he can neither withhold his assent to the bill nor return the bill for reconsideration of the Parliament.
- After President assent the Bill becomes an act.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes