- Rs 1500-crore solar plant plan for Banka
- The State Investment Promotion Board (SIPB) okayed a proposal to establish a Rs 1,500 crore solar power plant in Banka district and a Rs 148 crore biomass power plant in West Champaran.
- The two proposals were a part of 94 new ones encompassing sectors such as food processing, manufacturing, plastic, rubber and others. Together they are expected to bring an investment of Rs 2,166 crore.
- The most important among the new proposals was the Rs 1,500 crore solar power plant that would be established by a private company called Giriraj Renewables Private Limited in Banka.
- Exercise Aviaindra-18 Commences at Lipetsk (Russia)
- Exercise Aviaindra is an Air Force level exercise between India and the Russian First Aviaindra was conducted in 2014 and has been planned as a bi-annual exercise.
- Exercise Aviaindra 18 is being conducted at Lipetsk, Russia from 17 Sep to 28 Sep 18 and will be conducted in Jodhpur, India from 10 Dec to 22 Dec 18.
- The Indian contingent for Ex Aviaindra departed for Russia on 15 Sep 18
· India becomes first country in the world to develop Cooling Action Plan
- During World Ozone Day celebrations on September 17, Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan released a draft India Cooling Action Plan(ICAP) which lists out actions which can help reduce the cooling demand, thus helping in reducing emissions.
- The minister also release a booklet on ‘Montreal Protocol – India’s Success Story’.
- ‘Keep Cool and Carry on’ : The Montreal Protocol is the theme of 24th World Ozone Day celebrations.
· Dip in child mortality rate
- On average, 39 children out of 1,000 worldwide did not live beyond the age of five in 2017.
- According to the The UN’s Levels and Trends in Child Mortality Report 2018, India’s under-five mortality (U5M) is the same as the world’s average, which has decreased over time.
- China has shown the sharpest decline in U5M and Sri Lanka’s is the lowest in South Asia.
- Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna Rolled Out
- Considering the change in employment pattern and the current scenario of employment in India which has transformed from a long term employment to fixed short term engagement in the form of contract and temping, the ESI Corporation has approved a Scheme named “ATAL BIMIT VYAKTI KALYAN YOJNA” for Insured Persons (IP) covered under the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948.
- This scheme is a relief payable in cash directly to their Bank Account in case of unemployment and while they search for new engagement.
- Union Home Secretary launches ‘e-Sahaj’ portal for grant of Security Clearance
- The Union Home Secretary Shri Rajiv Gauba launched an online ‘e-Sahaj’ portal for grant of Security Clearance.
- The portal will facilitate an applicant to submit application online and also to view the status of his application from time to time.
- With the introduction of online portal, the process has become standardized, resulting in a process which will be faster, transparent and easy to monitor.
- Various functionaries can access the application and documents online and take timely decisions.
· Cabinet cleared an ordinance that made talaq e biddat a criminal offence
- The Union Cabinetcleared an ordinance that makes talaq-e-biddat or instant triple talaq a criminal offenc The accused will be sentenced for a maximum term of three years in jail. President Ram Nath Kovind gave his assent for the cleared ordinance.
- The new law incorporates safeguards, including a provision for bail to an accused before the start of the trial. Instant triple talaq remains a non-bailableoffence and should approach a magistrate for bail even before trial.
· Chennai airport to get facial recognition system
- Airports Authority of India(AAI) said that Chennai Airport will be soon getting facial recognition technology under the ‘DigiYatra’ scheme which will soon be implemented by the Ministry of Civil Aviation. This technology will capture the image of a passenger and scan the ticket so that there is no need for the passengers to wait in queues at the entrance.
- Also if someone who travels with a fake ticket or with the boarding card of another the system will find out immediately and won’t allow the passenger. It also ensuresbetter security for the airport.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes