- Bihar govt initiates process to identify girls eligible for edu scheme benefits
- The Bihar government has begun the process of identifying the beneficiaries of a scheme, under which unmarried girls who have cleared their intermediate exam this year are eligible to get Rs 10,000.
- The one-time monetary award will be given to the girls as part of the Nitish Kumar government’s ambitious scheme — ‘Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana’ (MKUY) — launched in April this year.
- The scheme, run by the education department, aims to promote education among girls, besides fighting social evils like child marriage, which, in turn, would lower fertility rate and control population. Only unmarried girls who cleared the Plus-Two exam are eligible for the benefit.
- The MKUY scheme, approved by the state Cabinet on April 19, offers a bouquet of incentives for girls, right from their birth till they complete their graduation.
- In case of a graduate, the state has promised a sum of Rs 25,000, irrespective of the girl’s marital status.
- “The programme aims to take care of a girl, irrespective of her caste or religion, by providing a total sum of Rs 54,100 at different stages,”
- The Nitish Kumar government has earmarked Rs 1,400 crore for the scheme.
- The benefit of the scheme would be limited to two children per family. Bihar’s total fertility rate stands at over 3 while the national average is currently 2.3.
· Russia became the first team in FIFA World Cup history to use fourth substitute
- Russian midfielder Aleksandr Erokhin has become the first-ever playerto come on as a fourth substitute during a FIFA World Cup match.
- He replaced Daler Kuziaev during the extra time’s first half against Spain in Round of 16 match.
- FIFA 2018 has allowed teams to make a fourth substitution but only in extra time of knockouts during this edition.
- India gets its 37th WORLD UNESCO World HERITAGE SITE
- In yet another landmark achievement, India’s nomination of the “Victorian and Art Deco Ensembles of Mumbai” has been inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage list.
- The decision was taken at the 42nd session of the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO at Manama in Bahrain.
- As recommended by the World Heritage Committee, India accepted the renaming of the ensemble as “Victorian Gothic and Art Deco Ensembles of Mumbai”.
- India has been successful in securing the inscription of the “Victorian Gothic and Art Deco Ensembles of Mumbai” on UNESCO’s World Heritage List under Criteria (ii) and (iv) as defined in the UNESCO’s Operational Guidelines.
- This makes Mumbai city the second city in India after Ahmedabad to be inscribed on the World Heritage List.
- 1st July 2018 to be celebrated as ‘GST day’
- Government of India is celebrating the 1st Anniversary of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) coming into force. GST was launched on the 1st July, 2017.
- The first year has been remarkable both for the sheer variety of challenges that its implementation has thrown up and for the willingness and ability of policy makers and tax administrators to rise up to these challenges and respond befittingly.
- But more importantly, the first year of GST has been an example to the world of the readiness of the Indian taxpayer to be a partner in this unprecedented reform of Indian taxation.
- Accordingly, it has been decided that Sunday, the 1st of July, 2018 shall be commemorated as ‘GST Day’.
- Before implementation of GST, Indian taxation system was a farrago of central, state and local area levies.
- INS Sahyadri adjudged runner-up in an innovation competition
- Indigenously built stealth frigate, INS Sahyadri, which is participating in RIMPAC (Rim of the Pacific Exercise), the world’s largest international maritime exercise, has been adjudged runner-up in an innovation competition during the harbour phase of the exercise.
- The 26th edition of RIMPAC, hosted by the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (INDOPACOM), commenced off the Hawaii coast with the participation of about 25,000 personnel and more than 45 surface ships and submarines from 25 countries.
- Instant e-PAN based on Aadhaar launched
- The new PAN will have the same name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and address as in the Aadhaar.
- The e-PAN facility is only for resident individuals and not for Hindu Undivided Family, firms, trusts and companies.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), which makes policies for the Income Tax Department, has extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking to March 31 next.
· DISHA Week is being celebrated from 25th to 29th June
- District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee (DDCMC) is named as “DISHA” by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- To mark the successful completion of 2 years of the DISHA, the Union Minister of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Mines, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, held wide ranging discussions on the DISHA initiative with Special Secretaries of the states/ UTs at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Chhattisgarh is among the five States which received an “award of appreciation” for exemplary work towards regular holding of DISHA meetings. The other States include Jharkhand, Kerala, Mizoram and Uttarakhand.
· Govt notifies Electoral Bond Scheme 2018 via Gazette Notification
- As per provisions of the Scheme, Electoral Bonds may be purchased by a person, who is a citizen of India or incorporated or established in India.
- A person being an individual can buy Electoral Bonds, either singly or jointly with other individuals.
- Only the Political Parties registered under Section 29A of Representation of People Act, 1951 & which secured not less than 1% of the votes polled in last General Election or the Legislative Assembly of the State, shall be eligible to receive Electoral Bonds.
- Electoral Bonds shall be encashed by an eligible Political Party only through a Bank account with the Authorized Bank.
- Electoral Bonds shall be valid for fifteen calendar days from the date of issue and no payment shall be made to any payee Political Party if the Electoral Bond is deposited after expiry of the validity period.
- The Electoral Bond deposited by an eligible Political Party in its account shall be credited on the same day.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes