- Cabinet nod to road project
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the project for construction of a 6.930-km-long four-lane bridge at Phulaut in Madhepura district of Bihar.
- The committee also cleared the decks for rehabilitation and upgrade of the existing Birpur-Bihpur section of National Highway 106 from 106km to 136km with two-lane roads with paved shoulders at a capital cost of Rs 1,478.40 crore.
- The construction period for the project is three years and is likely to be completed by June 2022.
- Presently, the traffic from Phulaut to Bihpur requires a detour of approximately 72km. After construction of the new four-lane bridge across the Kosi under this project, the distance between Phulaut and Bihpur shall be reduced to 12km.
- Presently the existing highway is having single/intermediate lane configuration with poor road geometry and hence average speed on the highway is below 20km/hour. With the upgrade of the highway to two-lane with paved shoulder configuration and construction of bridge on the missing link, the travel speed would increase to around 100km/hour.
Japan overtakes China as World’s 2nd biggest stock market
As a result of China’s trade war with the US and its campaign to cut debt, the value of China’s stock market fell to $6.09 trillion, losing its position as the World’s second biggest stock market to Japan ($6.17 trillion).
The U.S. has the world’s largest stock market at just over $31 trillion.
China’s stock market overtook Japan’s in 2014 and soared to an all-time high of over $10 trillion in 2015.
· World’s 1st Hindi-Speaking Robot Rashmi
- Ranchi-based software developer Ranjit Srivastavais developing the world’s first Hindi-speaking humanoid robot called Rashmi.
- The robot will speak Bhojpuri, Marathi, and English, and is equipped with facial expressions and recognition systems.
- Paryatan Parv’ to be organized nationwide from 16th to 27th September, 2018
- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India in collaboration with other Central Ministries, State Governments and Stakeholders is organizing a “Paryatan Parv” across the country from the 16th to 27th September 2018.
- The Parv is being organized with the objective of drawing focus on the benefits of tourism, showcasing the cultural diversity of the country and reinforcing the principle of “Tourism for All”.
- The Paryatan Parv will start with the India Tourism Mart 2018 (16th – 18th September 2018), which will further ensure wide participation from outside the country. The Paryatan Parv shall conclude with the World Tourism Day celebrations on 27th September 2018.
· Lok Sabha passed the National Sports University Bill, 2018
- The Lok Sabhapassed the National Sports University Bill, 2018. The Bill is to establish a National Sports University in Manipur. It aimed at enhancing the country’s standing in sports. The National Sports University Bill, 2018, will replace an Ordinance promulgated by the President Ram Nath Kovind on May 31 2018. The legislation was introduced in the Lok Sabha in August 2017 by Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore.
- The set up of the University would cost 524 crore. It would promote sports coaching and research. It would also function as the national training centre for selective sports disciplines by adopting best international practices and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
· ISRO to launch its heaviest satellite GSAT 11 on November 30
- Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) heaviest satellite so far – the GSAT-11(weighing over 5.7 tonnes i.e., 5,700-kg)- which the space agency had cleared for launch in June, will take off a spaceport in French Guiana on 30 November.
- GSAT-11 carries 40 transpondersin the Ku-band and the Ka-band frequencies, and is capable of providing high bandwidth connectivity with up to 14 GB per second data transfer speed.
- Assam NRC Final Draft List released
- In a bid to identify theillegal Bangladeshi migrants, the government released the final draft of National Register of Citizens (NRC) list with names of 28,983,677 citizens in Assam.
- However, around 40 lakh people have been left out of the list.
♦ National Register of Citizens is a record of all legal citizens of a state. The first list of NRC was created way back in 1951.
♦ The NRC was prepared under the purview of the Foreigners Act of 1946.
♦ Assam is the only state in India that has an NRC.
· Govt launched e Aksharayan Software in 7 Indian languages
- E-Aksharayan is free, desktop software for converting scanned printed Indian Language documents into a fully editable text format in Unicode encoding.
- The software supports editing in seven Indian languages – Hindi, Bangla, Malayalam, Gurmukhi, Tamil, Kannada & Assamese.
· Red Fort at MMC is to be remodeled into Museum
- Red Fort, which is at the east of Madras Medical College(MMC) Chennai, is planned to be remodelled into a museum. The building was constructed in 1897, the red brick structure has been classified as a Grade I heritage building by the Justice E. Padmanabhan Committee on heritage structures. The building is of Indo-Saracenic
- The State government has sanctioned 1.97 crorefor the restoration process of the building. On completion, the building is planned to be remodelled into a museum.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes