- All households to be electrified by May ’18
- The state energy department has advanced the deadline for providing electricity connection to all households in Bihar under Har Ghar Bijli scheme to May 15, 2018 against earlier plan of December 2018.
Chief minister Nitish Kumar is to announce it on Wednesday when he would declare all revenue villages in the state electrified to mark the completion of first phase of rural electrification scheme of the Centre in Bihar.
- State energy department has provided meter-based electricity supply to more than 14 lakh households in the state under Mukhya Mantri Vidyut Sambandh Yojna, commonly known as Har Ghar Bijli scheme, which was launched by CM Nitish on November 15 last year. The state has allocated Rs1,896 crore for providing electricity to 35 lakh APL (above poverty line) households under the scheme.
- The rural electrification scheme of ministry of power is divided in three steps — taking electricity to all villages, then to every tola or habitation and further to every household. Bihar has now completed the first phase by taking electricity to all revenue villages.
· UN Security Council imposes new sanctions on North Korea
- The UN Security Councilapproved tough new sanctions against North Korea in response to its latest launch of a ballistic missile that Pyongyang says is capable of reaching anywhere on the US mainland.
- The resolution adopted by the council includes sharply lower limits on North Korea’s refined oil imports, the return home of all North Koreans working overseas within 24 months and a crackdown on ships smuggling banned items including coal and oil to and from the country.
- The resolution, adopted in response to North Korea’s sixth and strongest nuclear test explosion on Sept. 3, banned North Korea from importing all natural gas liquids and condensates.
- India ranks 109th in mobile internet speed and 76th in fixed broadband
- India has ranked 109th in mobile internet speeds and 76th in fixed broadband speeds in Ookla’s November Speedtest Global Index, where the country’s average mobile speed was 8.8 Mbps and broadband speed was 18.82 Mbps.
- Norway ranked first in the world for mobile internet, with an average download speed of 62.66 Mbps, as of November.
- Singapore led in the fixed broadband category, with a 153.85 Mbps average download speed.
· Nation Celebrates Kisan Diwas is celebrated 23rd December
- Kisan Diwas (Farmer’s Day) is observed every year on 23 December to celebrate the birth anniversary of the fifth prime minister.
- He was the PM of India for a very short tenure starting from 28th of July 1979 until 14th January 1980.
- A Kisan leader, Late Chaudhary Charan Singh belonged to a peasant family. This was the reason he could relate himself to the issues of the farmers and therefore, he did the best to support them.
- When he became the Prime Minister of India in July 1979 he made many changes to improve the lives of the farmers.
- This is also an interesting fact that as the Prime Minister of India, Chaudhary Charan Singh never visited the Lok Sabha.
· Vijay Rupani Remains Gujarat Chief Minister and Nitin Patel His Deputy
- Vijay Rupaniwill continue as chief minister of Gujarat and Nitin Patel as his deputy chief minister, the Bhartiya Janata Party has made the announcement after a meeting of the party’s newly-elected legislators in the state’s capital Gandhinagar.
- The BJP had won 99 seats, only seven more than it needed for a majority to form government and 16 less than it had won last time.
· Union Cabinet approves auctioning of 680 FM channels under Phase III
- The Union cabinet approved an auction of 683 privateFM radio frequencies in 236 cities across the country under Phase III of FM radio privatization.
- The sale of these channels in Phase III is likely to generate direct and indirect employment to more than 10,000 persons on a pan-India basis.
- The third batch of FM auctions will cover cities with no private FM radio presence, including cities in border areas of Jammu and Kashmir and north-east states where the population is less than 100,000. With the completion of FM Phase III auctions, the government is planning to cover all the 29 states.
· Made-In-India Surface-to-Air Missile QRSAM successfully test fired from Odisha coast
- Made-In-India’ Surface-to-Air MissileQRSAM was successfully test fired by the Defence Research and Development Organisation from a defense base off Odisha coast.
- The homegrown canister-based high-speed weapon system can deceive enemy radars making it difficult to be detected, is capable of destroying aerial targets, tanks, bunkers and short-range missiles.
- The short-range weapon system was fired from a canister mounted on a rotatable truck-based launch platform at the Launching Complex-I (LC-I) of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur-on-sea.
- It is a highly mobile air defence system which can destroy multiple targets at a distance of 25 km in less than one minute. Considered to be a unique system in its class, the missile is expected to supplement medium-range surface-to-air missile Akash.
· AYUSH Ministry opens its arms to boost the exports of Ayurvedic products
- AYUSH Ministry hands with Commerce and Industry Ministry; Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and Pharmexcil to organize the International AROGYA 2017 – First Edition of International Exhibition and Conference on AYUSH and Wellness with the theme‘Enhancing the export potential of AYUSH’.
- This event was attended by many dignitaries and manufacturers. During the conference important topics relating to Standardization and Quality Control in AYUSH Sector, Enhancing the export potential of AYUSH and Business opportunities, Integrative Healthcare.
· MEA Launched SAMEEP to Take Indian Foreign Policy to Students across Country
- Indian Affairs With an aim to bring the foreign policy to the masses the External Affairs Ministry has come up with an initiative called SAMEEP – ‘Students and MEA Engagement Programme’.
- Under this MEA official will talk to students to help them better understand foreign policy.
- The main objective of SAMEEP is to take Indian foreign policy and its global engagements to students across the country.
- Under this programme, all the ministry officers – under-secretary and above – will be asked to go to their hometowns, particularly their alma maters.
· Union Government Launched Ganga Gram project at Ganga Gram Swachata Sammelan
- The Union government had formally launched the ‘Ganga Gram’ project at the Ganga Gram Swachata Sammelan in New Delhi.
- As part of its clean Ganga mission – Namami Gange, the Ganga Gram project is an integrated approach for the holistic development of villages situated on the banks of the holy river with the active participation of villagers.
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes