- Economic Survey: Power demand up by 165% in 6 years
- According to the survey, the per capita consumption of electricity in the state rose from 134 kilowatts in 2011-12 to 280 kilowatts in 2017-18 along with a subsequent increase in the availability of power from an average of 6-8 hours to 18-20 hours in rural areas and from 10-12 hours to 22-24 hours in urban areas during 2012-2018.
- The survey report has mentioned that the expected power demand of Bihar will touch 6,381mw by 2020-21 with an annual energy requirement of 36894mu.
- Focusing on the quantum of power consumption in various districts in 2017-2018 fiscal, the survey ranked Patna as the top most district with a total consumption of 4965mw. Gaya was placed second with a total consumption of 1522mw and Nalanda (1,008mw) third. The three least power consuming districts were Sheohar (76mu), Arwal (135mu) and Sheikhpura (176mu).
- According to the survey, the demand for electricity in state peaked from 1,712mw in 2011-12 to 4,535mw in 2017-18, implying a growth rate of around 165%. Also, the peak demand reached a new high of 5139mw during current financial year in September 2018.
· World Government Summit is being held in Dubai, UAE
- Theseventh annual World Government Summit is being held in Dubai, UAE. The World Government Summit is a forum dedicated to shaping the future of governments. The Summit is being attended by4,000 decision-makers from 140 countries including heads of state, ministers and business leaders.
- The World Government Summit is a global platform dedicated to shaping the future of governments worldwide. The Summit Sets the agenda each year for the next generation of governments, focusing on how they can harness innovation and technology to solve universal challenges facing humanity. It provides a unique platform to showcase and exchange best practices and smart solutions to the challenges that nations face.
· Thailand hosted Multinational Cobra Gold Military Exercise
- TheUnited States and Thailand are hosting the multi-nation Cobra military exercise 2019. The exercise is taking place in the northern Thai province of Phitsanulok. 10000 personnel, 29 nations are taking part as participants or observers. About Cobra Gold Exercise.
- It is one of the Asia-Pacific region’s largest multinational military exercises that is held in Thailand every year. It was first held in 1982and its headquarters is in Bangkok, Thailand. This is a Thai-American initiative with an aim to improve coordination between the armed forces.
· India has signed the U.S. for 72,400 SIG716 assault rifles
- Ministry of Defencehas signed the U.S. for 72,400 SIG716 assault rifles for front-line soldiers deployed in operational areas. Of the 72,400 rifles, 66,400 are meant for the Army, 2,000 for the Navy and 4,000 for the Air Force.
- The broad parameters for the weapon are an effectiverange of 500 m and a weight of less than 3 kg. The new rifles will replace the Indian National Small Arms System (INSAS)
· Macedonia officially changed its name to North Macedonia
- Republic of Macedonia officially changed its name to North Macedonia.
- Greece had been blocking Macedonia’s entry into the European Union (EU) and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), as it disapproved of the name of the country,as the Greek province of Macedonia adjoining it has been associated with Alexander the Great.
· New Delhi hosted the third Indo-German Environment Forum on 13th Feb
- A Bilateral meeting between India and Germany3rd Indo-German Environment Forum held in New Delhi.
- The outcomes of discussion made in Indo-German Working Group held in Delhi on 6th February 2019 taken up to higher alliance discussed in the forum.
- AYUSH Minister launches e-AUSHADHI portal
- Minister of State for AYUSH, Shri Shripad Yesso Naik launched the e-AUSHADHI portal.
- The portal is for online licensing of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs and related matters.
- The e-AUSHADHI portal is intended for increased transparency, improved information management facility, improved data usability and increased accountability.
- The timelines will be fixed for processing of application through this portal with SMS and e-mail status updates at each step of the process.
· NFDC Declared Winner Under Miniratna Category by Ministry of MSME
- National Film Development Corporation of India declared winner under the Miniratna Category (Category II) by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
- This is part of an endeavour by Ministry of MSME to felicitate select CPSEs in recognition of their exemplary work for the promotion of SC/ST entrepreneurs.
- The performance parameters for the same were procurement from SC/ST entrepreneurs, number of vendor development programmes for SC/ST and number of SC/ST entrepreneurs benefitted as per data uploaded on Sambandh Portal.
Gk bit: NFDC
- National Film Development Corporation Ltd. (NFDC), incorporated in the year 1975, was formed by the Government of India with the primary objective of planning and promoting an organized, efficient, and integrated development of the Indian film industry. NFDC has so far funded / produced over 300 films.
· Centre to set up a national law university in Uttarakhand
- The Centre has decided to set up anational law university in Uttarakhand. The Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat has announced that the national law university will be opened in Uttarakhand. This is a big step toward making Uttarakhand aquality education hub.
- India has21 national law universities, admissions to which are held through a Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
· “Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India”- A book by P Chidambaram
- Former Vice President Hamid Ansari launched the new book of former Finance Minister P Chidambaram named “Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India”
- The book is a collection of essays on the country’s atmosphere of fear and how the constitutional values are being threatened.
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes