Features are as follows:
- Sculptures have an ordered appearance with little effect of crowding.
- They are depicted in three-dimensional forms.
- Delicate ornamentations.
- Back slabs of the sculptures are detailed.
- Nalanda bronzes: dating from 7th and 8th centuries to the 12th century; outnumber the metal images from entire eastern India.
- Initially depict Mahayana Buddhist deities like standing Buddhas, bodhisattvas like Manjusri Kumara, Naga-Nagarjuna and Avalokiteshvara seated on a lotus.
- In the late 11th and 12th centuries, Nalanda became an important tantric centre. Then, Vajrayana deities dominated such Vajrasharada (a form of Saraswati), Avalokiteshvara, Khasarpana, etc.
- Many Brahmanical images have also been found at Nalanda. Many such images are still worshipped at nearby villages.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes