- Bihar to observe Dolphin Week in Oct every year
- Deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi said that Bihar would observe Dolphin Week in October from next year. Speaking at a function on National Dolphin Day, he announced several measures for the conservation of the national aquatic animal, Ganga Dolphin.
- Dolphin Day is observed nationally every year on October 5, falling in the wildlife week that is observed from October 2 to 8 in the country every year.
- He said within a few months the formalities of establishing the national dolphin research centre at Patna University will be completed for which a fund of Rs 20 crore had been sanctioned in 2014.
- UN ends 13-year military peacekeeping mission in Haiti
- The UN soldiers left Haiti finishing their 13 year military peacekeeping mission in Haiti.
- A UN peacekeeping mission helped to maintain order in Haiti through 13 years of political turmoil and disaster.
- UN troops reached more than 10,000 in number after the January 2010 earthquake.
- The UN lowered its flag at its headquarters in Port-au-Prince.
- India to conduct the First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’
- The First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ (BIMSTEC DMEx-2017) will be conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) as the lead agency from October 10-13, 2017 in Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).
- This Exercise will be a platform for sharing Best Practices on all aspects of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), strengthening regional response and coordination for Disaster Management among the BIMSTEC member countries.
- The main focus of the BIMSTEC DMEx-2017 will be on testing the region’s preparedness and resilience towards effective activation of inter-Governmental interaction/dialogue/agreements for immediate deployment of regional resources for disaster response.
- 9th Annual ‘World Dental Show 2017’ opens in Mumbai
- The 3-day international exhibition -9th Annual ‘World Dental Show 2017’ has opened Bandra-Kurla Complex in Mumbai.
- It is an integral part of Asia’s biggest dental event.
- The exhibition was hosted by the Indian Dental Association (IDA).
- It is showcasing the evolving global technologies and techniques in dentistry.
· PM Narendra Modi inaugurate highway projects worth Rs.5,925 crore in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate development projects worth ₹5,925 crore during his two-day visit to poll-bound Gujarat.
- He laid the foundation for construction of Rs 962 crore Cable Stayed Signature Bridge between Beyt Dwarka and Okha on NH-51, Gujarat.
- He lay the foundation stone for a greenfield airportlocated near Rajkot and inaugurate a fully automatic milk processing and packaging plant in Surendranagar.
- He will also lay the foundation stone for widening of Ahmedabad-Rajkot section of NH-47to six lanes.
· Indias first Marine Police Training Institute to be set up at Dev Bhoomi Dwarka
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the setting up of India’s first marine police training institute at Gujarat‘s Devbhumi Dwarka district.
- This announcement was given at the foundation stone-laying ceremony of a bridge between Okha and Beyt Dwarka, during PM Narendra Modi’s two day visit to Gujarat.
- Bengaluru Metro gets Rs. 3,800 crore from European Investment Bank.
- Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase II has received Rs. 3,800 crore from European Investment Bank.
- The project will be jointly financed by European Investment Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, which will give over Rs. 3,800 crore (EUR 500 million) and Rs. 2,300 crore (EUR 300 million) respectively.
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes