- Nitish Kumar to distribute Rs 136.58 crore among 2.27 lakh flood-hit families
- Chief minister Nitish Kumar distributed over Rs 136.58 crore through direct benefit transfer (DBT) among 2.27 lakh verified flood-affected families in 15 districts of the state.
- As per data provided by the state disaster management department (DMD), 7.22 lakh families were affected in the September floods and heavy rain in 616 panchayats under 95 blocks in 15 districts.
- Earlier in July this year, 13.20 lakh families were affected by the floods in 921 panchayats under 97 blocks in 12 districts of the state.
- Jordan’s Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre (RISSC) has declared thePakistan Prime Minister Imran Khanas Muslim Man of the Year 2020. He won the title in the recent list of the most persuasive Muslims in the world issued by the Centre. His name has also been included in The Muslim 50, the Most Influential Muslims in the World published by the RISSC. Mr. Khan has also become the 6th most popular world leader on Twitter with 10.5 million followers on the social media platform.
The RISSC has also declared Rashida Tlaib as Muslim Woman of the Year 2020. She is an American Congresswoman.
· National Postal Day is celebrated in India on 10 October
- National Postal Dayis celebrated in India on 10 Octoberevery year. The day is observed to commemorate the role played by the Indian postal department for the past 150 years. Indian postal celebrated as an extension of World Post Day, which is celebrated on 9 October.
- Writing letters was an important form of communication before the introduction of e-mails and online messaging. The mailing services were introduced in India by the
· India ranked 68th in the 2019 Global Competitiveness Index
- Singaporetopped the 2019 Global Competitiveness Index (GCI)and pushed the US to the second place. India ranked 68th on the GCI. The list is compiled by the Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF).
- India ranked 58th in the 2018 GCI report. It is among the worst-performing BRICS nations. The reports suggested that India should grow its skills base.
- India’s product market efficiency has been undermined by a lack of trade openness.
- About Indian’slabour market,WEF said that it is characterized by a lack of worker rights’ protections, insufficiently developed active labour market policies and critically low participation of women.
- GCI was launched in 1979. It analyzes the competitiveness landscape of 141 economies. It measures through 103 indicators including inflation, digital skills, life expectancy and trade tariffs.
· Centre launches WHO India Country Cooperation Strategy
- The Union Health Ministry has launched the World Health Organisation (WHO) India Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS) 2019–2023: A Time of Transition. The strategy aims to provide a roadmap for the WHO to work with the Indian government.
- The collaboration aims to achieve its health sector goals. It will also work to improve the health of its population. It is expecting to bring transformative changes in the health sector.
· Centre launched GEMINI device for fishermen
- The government launched the Gagan Enabled Mariner’s Instrument for Navigation and Information (GEMINI) device. It was unveiled by Union Minister for Earth Sciences, Science & Technology and Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan in New Delhi.
- The GEMINI device was developed by theIndian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), an autonomous body under the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) along with the Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- The low-cost device will forecast and map Potential Fishing Zones (PFZ)and Ocean States Forecasts (OSF)to fishermen.
- The device utilizes the GPS Aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) satellite system for the transmission of the PFZ, OSF and disaster warnings to fishermen. GAGAN system consists of three geosynchronous satellites namely GSAT-8, GSAT-10, and GSAT-15.
· Centre launched eDantseva website
- Centre launched thee-Dantsevawebsite and mobile application, the first-ever national digital platform, on oral health information and knowledge dissemination.
- e-DantSeva is the first-ever national digital platform. It aims to provide oral health informationboth in the form of a website and mobile application.
- e-DantSeva initiative was developed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare along with AIIMSand other stakeholders.
- Centre launched Ganga Aamantran Abhiyan
- Centre introduced Ganga Aamantran Abhiyan,a unique initiative to connect with Ganga’s Stakeholders. It was launched by Jal Shakti Minister Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat. Under this initiative, an open-water rafting and kayaking expedition on the Ganga River will be held between 10th October to 11th November 2019.
- The campaign is a unique social awareness initiativeto connect with the people and its various stakeholders.
- The expedition will start at Devprayagand end at Ganga Sagar. The rafting expedition covers over 2500 Km.
- The initiative aims to spread the message of River Rejuvenation and Water Conservationon a massive scale.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes