Cooperative federalism, also known as marble-cake federalism, is a concept of federalism in which national, state, and local governments interact cooperatively and collectively to solve common problems. But having cooperative federalism is a difficulty in India. There are various challenges to cooperative federalism:
- Centralising provisions, which weigh heavily on spirit of cooperation. Eg art 3, 249, 352,356,312
- Rising culture of multi party system and coalition politics
- Increasing number of states and demands for more.
- Majority government at the centre are not better disposed towards centre.
- Increasing economic competition.
- Addressing issues of NE and J&K
- Inter state disputes on resources like water resources etc.
- Reaching consensus and taking on board the state parties become difficult for foreign policy formulations.
- Rapid growth in the revenues of centre as compared to states .
Above hurdles have to be overcame to achieve the features of cooperative federalism.
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes