Training and Development: the employees to improve their knowledge and skill so as to be able to perform their tasks more efficiently is known as training. It is an organised activity for increasing the knowledge and skills of people for a specific purpose. The term ‘development ‘refers to the process of not only building up the skill and abilities for specific purpose but also the overall competence of employees to undertake more difficult and challenging tasks. It is generally used with reference to the training of managers and executives. Training and Development Training is an act of increasing the knowledge and technical skills of an employee for doing a particular job efficiently.
?Mid Career training
?Domestic Long Term Public Policy Programmes
?Domestic Funding of Foreign Training Scheme- Long term, Short term and Partial Funded Programs
?Customised/ tailor Made Programmes on Specific Subjects
?Funding to State Training programmes
?Intensive Training programme
?Foundation Course-15 wks
?Economics, History, General Principles of Law, Legal Concepts, Rule of Law,Rule of Law, civil and Criminal Courts, Public Administration, New Paradigm in Governance, Principles of Natural justice, CrPC, Culture, project management, Gender Sensitisation, Preventing Corruption, Human Rights, Administrative Laws &Tribunals, Disaster Management.
?Phase I- 26 wks
?District Administration and its Regulatory role, Land Administration, Decentralisation, Panchayati Raj, Rural and Urban development, Health, Education, Infrastructure, Project Management, Elections, Environment, Public Finance, Leadership and HRM.
?District Training- 54 wks
?Attachment at District and State Head Quarters, Independent Charges, Language Instructions and Learning.
?Phase II-8 wks
?Presentations and De-Briefing session on the experience s during district training, foreign exposure and Seminars.
Development refers to the learning opportunities designed to help employees to grow. It involves growth an individual in all areas. Development help workforce to improve technical skills, problem solving skills and decision making skills. Training is necessary for new employees as well as the existing employees for improving their performance at work. For new employees, training is necessary to help them get acquainted with the method of operation and skill requirement of the job. For existing employees, training at periodical intervals is helpful for learning better ways of doing the work, and also as and when they have to undertake new jobs. Thus, training helps employees to improve their knowledge and skill and make them perform their tasks more efficiently. It also helps them in promotion and improves their attitudes and confidence levels.
Importance of Training and Development Benefits of training for organisations:
Methods of Training There are different methods of giving training to the employees which can be divided into two broad categories.
On-the-Job methods and Off-the-Job methods.
- On-the-Job methods : In these methods, the employees learn about their jobs while doing the work duly assisted by their supervisors or seniors. These methods encourage self-learning through practice. Job instruction or coaching, and job rotation, learning while working as an assistant to a senior, understudy positions, temporary promotions are some of the common methods of on-the-job training.
- Off-the-Job methods: These methods involve training employees away from the work place so that experts may conduct the training and employees are free from immediate pressure of completing the jobs at hand. Lectures with demonstration, conferences, case discussions, video shows and films are some of the common methods used as off-the-job training methods. Then, there is another off the job method of training called vestibule training. The vestibule training refers to the training in specially designed workshops in which an attempt is made to duplicate as closely as possible the actual conditions of the work place. In such workshops a large number of employees can be trained in a relatively short period of time.
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes