Surrogacy as a practice where a woman gives birth to a child for an intending couple with the intention to hand over the child after the birth to intending couple. Currently, Surrogacy regulation bill was passed in Lok sabha where total ban on commercial surrogacy was made.
Why the need to regulate surrogacy:
- There was the issue of malpractices in commercial surrogacy, Middlemen tended to corner a major share of the money.
- Mushrooming of rented wombs- Due to monetary benefits, women are forced to rent their wombs repeatedly without regard to their emotional bond with the child or their physical health.
- There was the ambiguity about the responsibility. The cases where divorce were involved, the custody guidelines were not clear.
- There are further danger to the child trafficking issues.
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes