It is an advance technology of genetic engineering to rectify the abnormalities occurring in the mitochondria due to mutation. The mutation severely affects the functioning of mitochondria in the baby. As a result baby may suffer from disease like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson disease.
In sexual reproduction, Mitochondrial DNA is obtained from exclusively from the mother. Sperm’s mitochondria gets destroyed before fertilisation. Only Nucleus is able to penetrate. Hence , female abnormal mitochondria is replaced by normal mitochondria. Since three donors are involved in it i.e.
- Sperm nucleus DNA from Father
- Nuclear DNA from Mother
- Mitochondrial DNA from Donor
The child reproduced is called 3 parent child.
Now draw the diagram of 3 parent child …..HomeworkBPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes