QUICK REVISION: NANOTECH AND ITS APPLICATION
Definition:Nanoscience and Nanotechnology involves the concept of manipulating the extremely small things at nanoscale. At nanoscale things behave differently and this properties can be utilised across various fields of science like chemistry, biology, medicine, physics and material science.
APPLICATION OF NANO ON HEALTH SECTOR:
- Repairing of damaged organs
- Diagnosis and treatment of cancer cells. Development of Signature protein to treat cancerous cell.
- Improve in better drug delivery system
- Nano filters can be utilise to remove the smallest known Virus
- Antimicrobial coating made through nanotechnology is promising feature for prevention of disease
- Can help in the production of drugs which are difficult to produce. The structural constraints at atomic scale can be controlled using nanotechnology.
- Can be used in vivo and in vitro biomedical research.
- Nano medicine
APPLICATION OF NANO TECH ON IT AND ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY
- Miniaturisation of transistor size. Portability will increase.
- Use of Nanometer scale magnetic tunnel junctions. It can be utilised to save data.
- Nanoparticle copper suspension alternative lead based solder in electronic industry
- Flash memory chip, highly sensitive touch interface, antimicrobial and antibacterial coatings on keyboards.
APPLICATION IN The field of energy
- Batter catalysis activity will improve the fuel efficiency.
- Carbon nanotube scrubbers for removal of Carbon dioxide.
- Nano filters in sewage water treatment
- Development of wires with nano tube, help in reduction of energy loss during transmission
- Nano chip can be incorporated in solar panels for efficient conversion of solar energy into electricity.
- Nano tech empowered batteries are more efficient, light in weight and have high power density.
- Nano particle coated blades made in the windmill are more efficient and long lasting.
- In making of Smart windows. SW have coatings of Vanadium dioxide with Tungsten metal acting as heat reflector. These windows allows only the required amount of light to pass through. This saves lot of energy squandered on use of AC .
Application in the field of Textile Industry
- Nano fibre will be stronger than the strongest natural fibre.
- Can be used to make string bullet proof jackets.
- Have self cleaning property i.e. Lotus effect
BPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for BPCS Prelims and BPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by BPCS Notes are as follows:-
- BPCS 2022 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2022 - Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes