- Bihar LWE ranking improves, gets MHA pat for efforts
- Bihar has successfully managed to combat the left extremist menace. At least the figures say so.
- “Bihar has dropped to the fifth position among left wing extremism (Lwe)-affected districts from the third spot last year. It has also witnessed reduction in civilian deaths in left extremist violence
- At present, there are five battalions of CRPF and one of COBRA deployed in Bihar. However, Bihar government wants to continue with the deployment to maintain the pressure on extremists, who have had a history to reviving their activities.
- A Union home ministry report says that Bihar, Odisha and Maharashtra reported 13%, 8.2% and 7.1% of violent incidents in 2017.
- 6th East Asia Summit and 15th India-ASEAN Economic Ministers Meeting held in Singapore
- Commerce & Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu attended the 6thEast Asia Summit- Economic Ministers’ Meeting (EAS-EMM) and 15th India-ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Meeting (AEM) in Singapore. Singapore is currently holding the Chair of ASEAN.
- The 6th East-Asia Economic Ministers’ Meeting was chaired by Chan Chun Sing, Minister for Trade and Industry, Singapore, and was attended by Economic Ministers from 10 ASEAN countries and their eight dialogue partners, Australia, China, India, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, the Russian Federation and the United States of America.
- Tahira Safdar becomes first woman to head a Pakistan high court
- Justice Tahira Safdar was sworn in on as the first woman chief justice of a Pakistani high court.
- Justice Safdar was sworn in as the chief justice of Balochistan High Court at a ceremony held at the Governor House in Balochistan.
- She made history in 1982 when she became the first woman civil judge in Balochistan.
· Mauritius tops India’s FDI charts again in FY18
- According to RBI data, Mauritius remained the top source of Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) into India in 2017-18 followed by Singapore.
- The total FDI in the financial year stood at $37.36 billion, a marginal increase from $36.31 billion recorded in the previous fiscal.
- FDI from Mauritius totalled $13.41 billion.
- Asian Games 2018: India finish with 69 medals
- India finishes 8th with a final tally of 69 medals – 15 gold, 24 silver and 30 bronze, at Asian Games 2018.
- China topped the tally with 289 medals including 132 gold.
- Japan finishes second while Republic of Korea secured third place.
- The 2018 Asian Games, officially known as the 18th Asian Games were held in Jakarta-Palembang 2018 from 18 August to 2 September 2018 in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Palembang.
· Dipak Misra recommends Ranjan Gogoi as next Chief Justice of India
- Present Chief Justice of India (CJI) Dipak Misra, who is set to retire from the post on October 2 this year, recommended senior Supreme Court judge Ranjan Gogoi as the next Chief Justice of India.
- Justice Ranjan Gogoi who hails from Assam was appointed a judge in the Gawahati High Court on February 28, 2001. He later became the Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court on February 12, 2011. Then he elevated to the Supreme courtin April 2012. Justice Gogoi is slated to retire on November 17, 2019.
· Supreme Court fined the Income Tax Department Rs 10 lakh
- A bench headed by Justice Madan B Lokurslapped a cost of Rs 10 lakh on the IT department for making “misleading statement” about the pendency of an appeal and said that the apex court is not a “picnic place”.
- The Income Tax Department had delayed the filing of a petition by 596 days.
· Supreme Court banned all construction activities in 4 states
- The Supreme Court has banned all construction activities in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Chandigarh till October 9.
- A bench, led by Justice Madan Lokur, announced the ban citing the failure of these States and the UT to implement a solid waste management
· West Bengal government launched mobile blood donation camp
- TheWest Bengal government has launched a mobile blood donation campin a red luxury bus. The bus moves from location to location, collecting blood in West Bengal. The health activists said that this move by the government is a major success as the bus is often seen in the city collecting blood samples. The service is free of cost.
· Two Indians, Bharat Vatwani and Sonam Wangchuk, received Magsaysay Award
- Bharat Vatwaniand Sonam Wangchuk are among six individuals who received this year’s Ramon Magsaysay Award, popularly known as Asia’s Nobel Prize.
- The other recipients of the award are
♦ Youk Chhang,
♦ Filipino Howard Dee,
♦ Vietnam’s Vo Thi Hoang Yen and
♦ East Timore’s Maria de Lourdes Martins Cruz.
- BPCS 2020 Mains (65th Mains) Tests and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims Exam 2020 (66th Prelims)- Test Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- BPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes